• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Message from a hoodlum in the frozen North.

Prokofiev

New Member
Hey everybody, Happy New Year to you all! After much perusing of these forums, I decided to join. I am currently trying to put together a vintage stereo system, and I am off to a bad start, so I think that this community of knowledgeable audio aficionados is exactly what this dunderhead needed to find. I look forward to learning a lot from you guys.
Prokofiev
 
Register to hide this ad
Hey everybody, ... so I think that this community of knowledgeable audio aficionados is exactly what this dunderhead needed to find. I look forward to learning a lot from you guys.
Prokofiev

From one "dunderhead" to another a very hardy welcome!:D
 
Well, thank you all for the welcome. For the past while, I have been "borrowing" my dads system, which is a decent setup composed of Akai, Sansui, and Pioneer equipment. There is nothing wrong with any of this, but when I am tossed out of the nest I would like to have some semblance of a stereo. At this moment, I don't really have much to boast of, just some no name speakers from the mid 90's, and a crummy old turntable, which probably wouldn't be worth the time or effort it would take to fix. Because of my location and budget, finding vintage equipment worth a damn will most likely just happen by being in the right place at the right time.
 
Well, thank you all for the welcome. For the past while, I have been "borrowing" my dads system, which is a decent setup composed of Akai, Sansui, and Pioneer equipment. There is nothing wrong with any of this, but when I am tossed out of the nest I would like to have some semblance of a stereo. At this moment, I don't really have much to boast of, just some no name speakers from the mid 90's, and a crummy old turntable, which probably wouldn't be worth the time or effort it would take to fix. Because of my location and budget, finding vintage equipment worth a damn will most likely just happen by being in the right place at the right time.

What is your location ??...:scratch2:
 
frozen north

Greetings from Anchorage, balmy 6 below here, could be worse, it,s 45 below in fairbanks today.
 
Back
Top Bottom