• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Michell Gyrodec speed issue

stians

New Member
Hi
I have just purchased a Michell Gyrodec with QC Gyropower PSU (AC-system) and with a speed problem. I have checked and adjusted the output voltage to 19 an 21 Volts (33/45 rpm) according to instructions, but the motor still fluctuates a lot. BTW, it's not a platter/belt problem. The Papst motor seems fine and is lubricated as it should. It's reputedly a bulletproof motor so my theory goes towards a PSU-problem. The voltage from it is steady, but I wonder if it could be a capacitor problem or something with the quartz frequency generator.
I would really appreciate some help with this matter

Regards
Stian S, Oslo, Norway
 
Register to hide this ad
Have you tried the Michel forum on Vinyl Engine? There's a guy called Werner on there who seems to be pretty knowledgeable about all things Michell.

Alternatively, contact Michell direct, They're a very helpful crowd :)
 
Thanks, I have not tried vinyl engine yet. I trust the competence in here . I'll check it out anyways. Have sent an email to Michell, but have not yet heard from them.

S
 
Back
Top Bottom