• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Micro-Acoustics 3DX Speakers? Worth making an offer?

Register to hide this ad
Micro Acoustic Speakers

Nice find, I found them as well.

I owned a pair of Micro Acoustics FRM-3AX which looked pretty much the same as the offer on Craigslist.

Soundwise, they're great. Warm, extended and spacious. The tweeters are not housed in the cabinet, and as such suffer from little or no ill effect from the woofers. The tweeters are also protected by a lighting fuse type thingy that is virtually impossible to replace if they burn out.

The woofers in the pictures are shot. They did not produce much bass to begin with, and have a "chuffing" sound when pushed hard, but they sound very nice at mid to mid high listening levels.

I replaced mine with inexpensive 8 inch woofers with rubber surrounds, which sounded better that than the originals. Go figgure.

Worth about $50.00 to $100.00 in their present condition, as you will have to be refoamed. The cabinets, if in good condition, are unique, but where are the "L" shaped black foam tweeter covering and the foam covering for the woofer. Difficult to replace and to find.

Overall, highly recommended for moderate listening levels.:thmbsp:

Cheers.
 
I had a pair, but with the surrounds replaced with red velvet! Nice sounding small speakers, but no way worth anywhere near 100 in their current condition -- note he pays attention to tape on the tweeter but doesn't mention the woofer surrounds, so one assumes the tape on the tweeter must be several hundred yards of duct tape if he noticed it.
In perfect condition I would think he was asking high to bargain down.
 
Price Reduced . . . LOOK

Check it out the Craigslist seller reduced the price to $80.00 or best offer. Offer him . . . say . . . $25.00 . . . WHADDAYASAY??:D

Cheers
 
Eh... I'm going to pass. I have 6 pairs of speakers in my garage right now awaiting restoration, and these MA's look so beat up I don't think it's worth the time and money. He doesn't even seem to have the grille covers, and good luck finding any more of those...
 
Back
Top Bottom