• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Minimus 7 and 77 info...

Let's just say they are good speakers for there size. Solid as a brick, good components and design BUT they are about the size of your fist so they are only going to sound so good. Funny thing is I would never buy these unless I was looking for something super small because for the same price or less I can get KLH 23's which absolutely blow these out of the water. They are fun and will work well in the RV. I will say they do handle volume pretty well for their size.
 
I have a pair of 7's and every time I connected them to some various amps I had I found them just ehhh. BUT I got a Realistic SA102 amplifier and for some reason they really came alive, like they were made for each other. It is not a room filling system but at a medium level they make me smile and wonder in amazement sometimes. Vinyl through this system is very nice and easy with decent bass. (Decent=there is some there.)
 
I have a pair of 7's and every time I connected them to some various amps I had I found them just ehhh. BUT I got a Realistic SA102 amplifier and for some reason they really came alive, like they were made for each other.
I'm curious as to which version of SA-102 you're using. The early version (model no. 31-1963) has discrete transistor circuitry. Later version SA-102 (model no. 31-1963A) uses the LA4440 monolithic IC amp.

If you have the later version, that would imply the same performance synergy with Minimus 7 could be expected if using SA-150 or SA-155 -- successors to SA-102 that retain the identical chip amp circuitry.
 
Last edited:
I'm curious as to which version of SA-102 you're using. The early version (model no. 31-1963) has discrete transistor circuitry. Later version SA-102 (model no. 31-1963A) uses the LA4440 monolithic IC amp.

If you have the later version, that would imply the same performance synergy with Minimus 7 could be expected if using SA-150 or SA-155 -- successors to SA-102 that retain the identical chip amp circuitry.
Sorry for the late reply! Mine is the original version, not the chip version.
 
Back
Top Bottom