• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Minimus 7 - original model - with photos

Just adding to this thread, I know it goes back a long ways, BUT -- I just picked up a pair of the original Minimus 7s (40-2030) with the screw terminals in the back for $20 (!), and I can confirm that they sound markedly better than later models. I have several pairs of later model 7s, plus a pair of the Optimus Pro 7av (shielded - these are the sealed ones, basically identical to the 7s, not the ported versions which I don't think sound as good). I'm honestly blown away by these. Remarkable bass, incredible clarity. If you ever come across a pair of the originals, don't hesitate, snap them up.
 
I know this threads old but I just picked up a Teac Variation of these "TEAC LS-X7" and they have 1218 Woofers / SD-13 drivers.
I have a set of Walnuts I wanna try the crossover mod but for these im just going to swap the 1 cap for a newer one with the same spec.

IMG_0602.JPGIMG_0601.JPGIMG_0719.JPG
 
My name is Grainger and I am a Minimus 7 addict. I have 5 pair including a pair without woofers.

I remember buying a pair in Winston-Salem in 1985. The RS salesman told me to come back in 10 days and get them for $30 instead of $50 each.

The pair I listen to on a 120WPC amp in my work room have upgraded caps in the crossover (Kommie Kap PIO bypassed with 0.01uf KK Teflon) and are stuffed with all the Dacron Polyester as possible.
 
Last edited:
I've never heard of the very original M7's. Would be interesting if I can put my Visonik David 502's against some originals and compare them.
 
Back
Top Bottom