• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Minor scroe- Infinitesimals

scottykarate

Ain't skeered!
Well, I just had to get a pair of Infinity Infinitesimals that were available locally-definitely sub Ebay price.

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for classic Infinity speakers and have always wondered what these little gems sound like.

I've only heard these as they were demo'd for me, but I heard glimpses of these little monsters and me likey! :drool:

Plus, I met another really cool audio guy, so that is a bonus! It made the trip worthwhile, even though I feel rotten.
:thmbsp:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20120924_193745.jpg
    IMG_20120924_193745.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
:scratch2:
Now I'm not so sure I wanna come over to listen to the BA's. :D
Kidding of course. I want to hear the JBLs, too. I can bring the InfiniTesimals.
:thmbsp:

Hehe...
BA's are much better sounding today than yesterday.
May be just needed to warm up a little after years in the storage.

JBL's should be ready this weekend if the surrounds are good and just need to re-glue.
If not, I have to order new foams. :sigh:
 
Oh Ya, the Corn Roast. I remember that.
(actually, my wife is from Lincoln and won't let me talk about THAT game.....)
Hope it's a good one for sure. The Huskers should do fine at home.(but I hope not TO fine)
 
As to the original subject of the thread, another pair of Infinitesimals just sold on eBay for an outrageous price as well as some bits from a single parted out 0.1 Infinitesimal. Amazing.
 
I've seen them go for around there before ..I don't think I've seen them go for under $400. I was looking at them for a second pair..already.
 
The most I remember seeing a pair go for on eBay was about $100 more than that pair went for the other day, and a single grey poly Watkins woofer just sold for about $168. I thought I paid a lot for my two pair but by today's inflated standards, I got a bargain on both.
 
The most I remember seeing a pair go for on eBay was about $100 more than that pair went for the other day, and a single grey poly Watkins woofer just sold for about $168. I thought I paid a lot for my two pair but by today's inflated standards, I got a bargain on both.

Yep, I agree...the market is weird. I am happy,with what I paid, too. :banana:
I had thoughts about flipping them, but they're the last audio gear I'd part with now.

Until the next have-to-have piece comes along anyway..lol.
 
I saw them at a friend's place and they are way too small than what I thought.
Little bit bigger than minimus 7. :scratch2:
 
more like UBER-SCORE!!!!!!!!!!! im jealous as hell those speakers are supposed to sound like their about 10x larger from what i have heard.
 
I have my 0.2's set up as R/L speakers in my home theater rig powered by my A/V receiver and use them for TV viewing so I don't have to fire up the Soundcraftsmen amps that drive my RS 2.5's which are the primary L/R speakers for DVD and Blu-ray. I always accepted that the bass was great from the Infinitesimals with the caveat that the subwoofer also powers on with the A/V receiver. As a test, I took the audio output from my flat screen and ran it through a Denon 70/70WPC Integrated Amp to my 0.1's, which I put on small shelves mounted to the sides of my TV stand and was I surprised at the amount of bass that they produced all alone. So for those who were wondering just how much bass those small 5" Watkins woofers can provide, the answer is a lot, even from a two channel analog source like a television.
 
Back
Top Bottom