• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mirage M-3 Power? and Price?

davharw

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I have an opportunity to buy a pair of Mirage M-3 speakers. I believe I listened to these years ago and they were great but too expensive. I know the Mirages sound quite different then my Klipsch KLF10s and JBL 4312s. I have a Marantz 2285B. Would it be powerful enough for the M-3s? I hope to go listen to them soon. I read elsewhere that they were over 100 pounds each. The room they would be in is appx 17' x 30' with 12 ft ceiling.

Asking price is $300. Is this a fair price?

Thanks.........Dave
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I've only seen them in a photo. I hope to see(and listen)to them today or tomorrow. I guess they're just too large for the guy who has them.
Thanks!
 
Awesome buy at that price. Just be sure all the tweeters are working. Also, as these speakers are bipolar, they need a bit of room to breath. Plan to set them up well away from the rear wall.

Here's a link to the Stereophile review of the M-3.

From what I remember from years ago, although they are not particularly difficult to drive the M-series speakers seemed to like a bit of power.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom