• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mirage M-490 package. Deal?

Ealyb11

Well-Known Member
I know a fellow who is parting with his stereo. It's a pair of Mirage M-490 speakers, a Gemini TT-1510 turntable, and a Fisher Studio Standard CA-880 integrated amp. The cartridge is a Stanton on the TT.

All of it is in like new shape, not a mark on it. And the fisher comes with its original box.

Asking price is 275$. Seems way high to me.

What say you?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Register to hide this ad
I think you can do much better for less. I'd pass. I do own the 490s that are used for TV viewing, and they are a nice speaker... but really... I'd pass.
 
$275 is probably the highest he can get for this stuff on eBay.
Fisher amp has some kind of following (and meters!!!). Mirages are not bad. But for this price I'll personally pass. Unless you desperately need a stereo system right now.
 
I really don't need the TT or the amp, I have much better already, just really wanted the speakers. I have a friend who is in the market for a TT and amp so I thought it might be beneficial for us both. But I still don't want to over pay. The Mirages would be a potential to replace my Paradigm 7se's.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Speakers are nice, I used to sell them. I used a pair of 290 for years in my HT set up, sold another pair to a friend who is still enjoying them 20+ years later. The 490 uses the same tweeter and a bigger woofer in a larger cabinet. They might bring $100-$150/pr around here.

If they are 490is, that is another story and potentially more interesting. Floorstanding bi-polar while the original 490 was a conventional bookshelf design.
 
Back
Top Bottom