• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mirage M760 Score

Raynald .. I get it .. so you were working in the industry right when the sky opened up and took the big HT dump on the era of quality high end 2 channel .. its nice of late i have noticed that a lot of companies seem to be emphasizing the need for a quality "front" speaker in the HT set ups ... I had got away from audio right about that time as the surround sound came to be so i didnt see the downfall until i went back to get new stuff after years .. and its a bit sad

Exactly! I started mid 80's when the new medium of CD got a lot of people interested in audio again and we got to start a lot of people down the road to better music in their homes. Soon after HT hit big time and we spent most of our time listening to explosions in moronic, super violent movies. Progress, I guess. I got out.
 
that change hurt a lot of companies, ..
ADS for one saw the "future" and jumped into the small speaker surround sound computer speaker business before there really was a market to support them. In in doing so they alienated their base of customers expecting and buying high end tower speakers.

They dove into a market that was coming but not ready for their new offerings and ended up out of business..
.. .. Mirage has done some very nice things since these m760s came out .. some very interesting products i wonder how these would compare they have some nice top end stuff
 
Last edited:
A bit of an older discussion, but...

A friend of mine had a pair of these. He used them with a large subwoofer and ran them from a reasonably modern HT receiver. I'll echo another person here - the sound gave me goosebumps. It was the uncanny character that subjectively gave those speakers a most realistic musical sound - every time I heard them. I attribute it to the frequency response and distortion profile of the drivers, but the room may have played a major part in that, too.
 
Nikko I have better speakers that cost a whole lot more than these but every time i move to sell these i hook them up, and then change my mind lol
 
In the first post of this thread I added the Sales Brochure for the full M60 series the Mirage M-260, the Mirage M-360. the Mirage M-460 I Have heard the 260 and 760s these are nice speakers in the sleeper catagory
 
Back
Top Bottom