• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mission 763 and 763i - Tweeters

MyHeresyIsMe

Well-Known Member
I am new to Mission speakers but I do have the opportunity of buying a pair of Mission 763. I've read about them in all the literature I could find (including all the posts in AK) but I've never heard them. My main question is about the tweeters. I understand that the 763i has an updated tweeter over the 763. Does anyone have an opinion about 1) England-produced Mission speakers and 2) the difference between the 763 and the 763i.
Thanks for any thoughts!
 
Register to hide this ad
Sorry cant be much help on different tweeters but i have a pair of the 763 tweeters if you need pictures.
There doesn't seem to be a lot of information out there.
 
Thank you for your reply. After I posted my questions I thought I was asking a too narrow topic. I am really interested in what people's impressions about their Mission speakers and more specifically the 763. I have Boston Acoustics A-150 II and they work well, but I've heard that Mission speakers have their own dynamic (they are bass reflex and two-way whereas the BAs are infinite baffle and three-way). Thanks again, boza!
 
I have the 763i's & I really like the sound of them.
Good to hear, and thank you for your impressions about this model. This is a stereo system, powered by a Luxman LV-102 (about 60 rms into 8 ohms, but it is a very conservative 60 rms---more like 90).
 
Back
Top Bottom