• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MITSUBISHI Turntable LT-5V

Zeibens

New Member
Hello!
I bid on and unexpectedly won a Mitsubishi LT-5V turntable.
The seller says there is no manual cannot remember how the cartridge is mounted and aligned. He thinks there was a target like Thorens used on their old 125s.
Can anyone out there help me find a copy of the owner's manual and/or explain the process of aligning the cartridge?
Thanks In Advance!
Zeibens
 
Register to hide this ad
try the rep...

The US distributor for Mitsubishi audio was Melco sales. If you can track them down you might get some advice.
 
See the attached diagram. Imagine an imaginary vertical line running through the tonearm and a horizontal line running through the center of the spindle. They are perpendicular. You mount the cartridge square with the headshell and so that the tip of the stylus sits on the point where those two lines intersect. You'd probably have to make some kind of template as an aid.
 

Attachments

  • Linear Tracker Cartridge Mounting.jpg
    Linear Tracker Cartridge Mounting.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 64
Hello!
I bid on and unexpectedly won a Mitsubishi LT-5V turntable.
The seller says there is no manual cannot remember how the cartridge is mounted and aligned. He thinks there was a target like Thorens used on their old 125s.
Can anyone out there help me find a copy of the owner's manual and/or explain the process of aligning the cartridge?
Thanks In Advance!
Zeibens

Mr. Zeibens,
I stumbled across your questiion the other day. Would have replied sooner if I had had your emails address, but had to register with this website before I could communicate with you. That took several days. If you have not yet found an owners manual for the LT5V I can help. I have had this turntable since 1981 when I bought it new (paid $450 less cartridge). It has served great for all of those years with only minimal belt replacements. I can send you a copy of the owners manual. I can also help you with cartridge/tonearm setup.

Please contact me via email at bobbydeininger@msn.comas email is easier than this website.
Bob

P.S. Just curious what you paid for the used piece of equipment if you don't mind my asking.
 
Back
Top Bottom