ThePlague
Active Member
Hello all!
I have recently come into the possession of what I thought were a pair of AR-2ax speakers. Only to find out that they are actually an AR-2ax serial #186989 and an AR-2 serial #B 7186. They were from an individual clearing out a grandparents garage so it is definitely an easy mix-up. I can't complain for the price paid though. Has anyone dealt with slightly mix matched speakers? I imagine if I hook them up, they would sound similar enough for light use in the basement. Also, does anyone have either an AR-2 or an AR-2ax that is missing its partner? I am located over in Connecticut. I would much like to pair them up eventually. They are both a darker wood, I believe cherry.
I have recently come into the possession of what I thought were a pair of AR-2ax speakers. Only to find out that they are actually an AR-2ax serial #186989 and an AR-2 serial #B 7186. They were from an individual clearing out a grandparents garage so it is definitely an easy mix-up. I can't complain for the price paid though. Has anyone dealt with slightly mix matched speakers? I imagine if I hook them up, they would sound similar enough for light use in the basement. Also, does anyone have either an AR-2 or an AR-2ax that is missing its partner? I am located over in Connecticut. I would much like to pair them up eventually. They are both a darker wood, I believe cherry.