DurhamSud
Member
I just picked up a Dual CS-5000. When I peeked under the platter, I noted something that shouldn't have been there.
Please refer to the attached photos.
The first two images (Dual cs-5000 01.jpg & Dual cs-5000 02.jpg) are what the inside is supposed to look like. Take a look at the far right, under the two large caps.
Now take a look at the next three photos (Dual cs-5000 03.jpg, Dual cs-5000 04.jpg, Dual cs-5000 05.jpg). That's my turntable. Someone added two caps and a couple of resistors (at least that's what I think they are with my limited knowledge) on a small pcb board that is standing on its edge.
Can anyone out there tell me what's going on with that? It would be much appreciated.
Thanks for looking.
Please refer to the attached photos.
The first two images (Dual cs-5000 01.jpg & Dual cs-5000 02.jpg) are what the inside is supposed to look like. Take a look at the far right, under the two large caps.
Now take a look at the next three photos (Dual cs-5000 03.jpg, Dual cs-5000 04.jpg, Dual cs-5000 05.jpg). That's my turntable. Someone added two caps and a couple of resistors (at least that's what I think they are with my limited knowledge) on a small pcb board that is standing on its edge.
Can anyone out there tell me what's going on with that? It would be much appreciated.
Thanks for looking.