• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Modified Dynaco A25 worth $175?

Register to hide this ad
If the grills and cabinets are in excellent condition, I'd consider it. I'd have to research those tweeters a bit though.

I mean, I'd happily pay that price for a pair of stock Dynacos and if the tweeters are truly better... Could be a deal.
 
I have a simple rule for a25s -

$80 and under: buy
$100 and over: pass

Between 80 and 100 it depends - mint cabs, nice unstained white grills and badges - OK; otherwise pass.
 
Nope, not worth it. If you want a pair of A25s, wait for a pair with original tweets and a lower price. :) They aren't really A25s any more without the tweeters.
 
Instead of speculating, why not use the custom AK Google search to look up information about Dynacos with those tweeters? I seem to recall several threads in the past referencing them.
 
A used hifi store in Seattle http://www.hawthornestereo.com/used/#Speakers has 2 pair for $239 a pair right now. I bought a pair from him a couple years ago for my work shop. They fit the bill for loud music to work to. I may pay too much by patronizing a used hifi store but the convenience is worth it. I don't have to spend a lot of time hunting online and dealing with all that entails. You can return gear to them too.
 
I know I wouldn't pay that much for a mint original pair. And certainly not for a pair that's missing badges and has been futzed with.
 
Back
Top Bottom