• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Modified Rega RP6...Vinyl Nirvana

ScaleAutoArt

Super Member
After many trial runs with other turntables over the past year I have finally settled on the one that ticks all the boxes.

Modifications:

Rega Reference Belt
Groovetracer aluminum Sub Platter [a must have]
REGA 3- POINT VTA ADJUSTER BY J.A. MICHELL
J.A. MICHELL TECNOWEIGHT

These modifications were worth every penny and easy to install. Everything is tight, detailed and clean. The Simplex is a very close second but this won me over with the easy speed change and operation.

Now I plan to concentrate on restoring my vintage gear :thmbsp:
 

Attachments

  • Rega Mods 001.jpg
    Rega Mods 001.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 188
Register to hide this ad
Today I mounted my Dynavector and this just keeps getting better...the MP-200 was nice but now I am really hitting a sweet spot on this setup.
 
Sweet! I'll look into this setup if/when I get a chance to upgrade. I've got a Rega RP1 for now. Might do a few upgrades to it, just for kicks. It will be hard to get rid of the table...kind of has sentimental value for me...my wife bought it for me when we were dating...so I'll probably do quite a few upgrades, actually! Belt and cartridge will probably be next. I've only upgraded the mat so far (to a nice Dulcet Tone leather mat), and that was out of necessity...I left the lid open and my daughter got ahold of the stock felt mat and threw it away. Good excuse to upgrade, haha!
 
Sounds amazing! I'd be interested in your comparisons to the other tables you've experienced recently. The knowledge you've gained by listening to tables, both old and new, would be invaluable.
 
If you can find one made of deer hide, this would be the best. There is a cork/rubber mat that is supposed to be a good one as well. :music:
 
I've been looking to upgrade the mat on my RP6 too-- what are some good options?

This is what I am using at the moment.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-WHITE-A...rd_Player_Turntable_Parts&hash=item5d3c08048f


For the money you cannot go wrong trying this out. I have used it on most of my tables with good results. I like the tight and clean presentation it allows...the stock mat is a bit "milky" but OK... Lots of discussion out there on mats for the Regas. Google Rega RP6 forums.

No clamp or weight.
 
Last edited:
I did not have to. This was on a Rega RP1. I think he said no one "should" have to raise the arm, but don't quote me on that! I haven't done much turntable tinkering yet, so forgive my ignorance. It was definitely thicker than the stock mat but I haven't needed to make any adjustments due to the extra thickness.
 
I have the Groovetracer for my Rega 3-24. Now I just get the RP6. I need to order the subplatter for it to. AARegaMerc++1.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom