Kalev
Active Member
Just thought I would alert AKers to this release (set to come out in September 2012). I couldn't find it on MoFi's website, but I found the following information on the website of my favorite online vinyl record retailer:
I'm not sure how many Weezer fans are on AK. Personally, this is their only album that I like, but I really like it, and I have since it came out. The LP was already on my want list, so when I saw that the Original Master Recording reissue was coming, I pulled the trigger on a pre-order.
I hope that the improvements in dynamics and frequency range are not just hot air--this will be the first MoFi title in my collection.
The "Lion and the Witch" EP is also getting the MoFi treatment, which seems like an odd choice--but I digress.
Numbered, Limited Edition!
Mastered from the original master tapes and pressed on 180g LP at RTI, Mobile Fidelity’s analog version of the 1994 release Rolling Stone named the 297th greatest album ever recorded finally possesses the grand-scale sonics that the music’s bunker-busting hooks deserve. Cars frontman Ric Ocasek’s polished production is now both free of artificial ceilings that squashed the explosive dynamics and rid of the compression that saddled the frequency range. Instrumental separation is vastly improved, and the amount of midrange energy seemingly doubled. This reissue is guaranteed to help you rock out.
I'm not sure how many Weezer fans are on AK. Personally, this is their only album that I like, but I really like it, and I have since it came out. The LP was already on my want list, so when I saw that the Original Master Recording reissue was coming, I pulled the trigger on a pre-order.
I hope that the improvements in dynamics and frequency range are not just hot air--this will be the first MoFi title in my collection.
The "Lion and the Witch" EP is also getting the MoFi treatment, which seems like an odd choice--but I digress.