• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Monster Cable Closing it's Doors?

sol7

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Anybody here anything about Monster Cable going out of business? I was going to renew my effort to get some green speaker cable replaced and was trying to find a number to call. I came across a review where someone went to their headquarters to try and resolve their warranty issue and stuff was being dismantled. Maybe I waited to long to resolve my issue....
 
Register to hide this ad
Use to use Monster Cable quite a bit (when I found it on sale/retail mark downs) a good many years ago. Moved onto to other brands sometime in the mid 00's.
 
Rather of a picture of a building, how about some Google results from last year that actually have some answers?

This story is about how the founder took ill and made some bad choices for replacement/managers -
https://www.sfchronicle.com/busines...ow-the-company-behind-Beats-lost-13283411.php
" Its South San Francisco headquarters now occupy just part of one floor of an office building. It shut a distribution center in Las Vegas late last year. In May, it reported having 139 employees, down from 800 a decade ago; the company won’t say how many remain."

But know how Monster sued anyone that even hinted at using Monster in their name?
So I like the optimistic view that Monoprice took them down!
How Monoprice Disrupted—and Destroyed—the Expensive Cable Market
https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2017/...ted-and-destroyed-the-expensive-cable-market/
 
Rather of a picture of a building, how about some Google results from last year that actually have some answers?

This story is about how the founder took ill and made some bad choices for replacement/managers -
https://www.sfchronicle.com/busines...ow-the-company-behind-Beats-lost-13283411.php
" Its South San Francisco headquarters now occupy just part of one floor of an office building. It shut a distribution center in Las Vegas late last year. In May, it reported having 139 employees, down from 800 a decade ago; the company won’t say how many remain."

But know how Monster sued anyone that even hinted at using Monster in their name, so I like the optimistic view that Monoprice took them down!
How Monoprice Disrupted—and Destroyed—the Expensive Cable Market
https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2017/...ted-and-destroyed-the-expensive-cable-market/


Thanks for the links! They made an interesting read. I am sure the second article will cause some heartburn but so be it.

Capitalism at it's best. Someone sees a market and gets into business and becomes wildly successful.
 
Rather of a picture of a building, how about some Google results from last year that actually have some answers?

This story is about how the founder took ill and made some bad choices for replacement/managers -
https://www.sfchronicle.com/busines...ow-the-company-behind-Beats-lost-13283411.php
" Its South San Francisco headquarters now occupy just part of one floor of an office building. It shut a distribution center in Las Vegas late last year. In May, it reported having 139 employees, down from 800 a decade ago; the company won’t say how many remain."

But know how Monster sued anyone that even hinted at using Monster in their name?
So I like the optimistic view that Monoprice took them down!
How Monoprice Disrupted—and Destroyed—the Expensive Cable Market
https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2017/...ted-and-destroyed-the-expensive-cable-market/

I had read that SF article. Only thing is those are old articles and not current.

Scroll down to the 02/8/2019 review....

https://www.yelp.com/biz/monster-cable-products-brisbane
 
I have a few sets of Monster and the ones that were too tight I just threw away since I only buy monster at thrift stores.
I like using the component video cables that nobody uses any more since HDMI came about.I don't know if they sound better but they are better shielded. Usually $2.99 at Goodwill.:thumbsup:
 
That picture means nothing. There's still a "Radio Shack" store near me with the signs still up and they are closed down.

I was actually in a Radio Shack store a week ago in Florida. The owner told me that the ones still in operation are owned by the individual and not franchised by the parent company. He also said his wife operates her picture framing business out of the same shop and he repairs computers.
There is another one close to my house up north.
 
Back
Top Bottom