• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mopar Nationals

gyusher

-don't go round hungry-
I live in Reynoldsburg, Ohio and at times I see way too many vintage cars. . . Now I understand its because of the many National meets they have around here. This weekend its Mopar Madness or some such. . . Over 3000 cars and 50,000 people flood this little town. . .
Brice Road is the "Gut" I guess and all the locals line the street on both sides to watch the cops, burnouts, nice cars, grille out the tailgate. . .Kinda strange. . .Just like camping in a parking lot. . .
 
Register to hide this ad
maddness

gets funny watching the cops chasing everything., . . .Kinda like Garfield in a fish bowl. .
 
Just a couple more

I took about 200 pics. . . most are too big, I thought I had resized them small enough but I cant post them all anyway.
 
More fun than Walmart

Comming from a small town where the big thing was going to Walmart this was kinda fun. . .
 
Last one

This one will be the last one. . . This was nice seeing them driving around instead of sitting at a show. . .
 
Sure looks sweet.

I'll bet half those guys come up here for the Woodward Dream Cruise Saturday. That event is huge. It will draw over a million people and thousands of cars. I've seen them already starting to come out this weekend. They park cars all along Woodward for miles and desiginate 2 lanes of Woodward for the cruisers. Last year I was out scrounging at 9:00AM and must have seen 300 cruisers at that time in the 2 miles I drove!

If you have some time to kill, come on up and head over to Woodward. Any where from Ferndale to Pontiac you'll see cars, but it seems most the action is between 9 and 15 Mile. Grumpy will have his Chevelle parked by the Einsteins' near 11 Mile.
 
Cool

I might do that. . . Detroit is not that far from me anyway. . . Of course I will have to buy something Audio to justify the trip. . .
 
There is something like 50,000 classic cars and 1,200,000 people. It is billed as the largest one day car cruise in the world. You see everything from ramblers to ramchargers, Ferrari's to falcons, Bugatti's to Belairs and everything in between. There are usually good concerts all along the 20 mile route. I seen Mitch ryder one year playing at a small stage just blocks from my house.

Yup my beater chevelle will be up at Einstein's bagels on Woodward about 2 blocks north of 11 mile rd on the west side of Woodward. Hoping to see some of you guys there.
 
Mopar Nat's

Sweet Rides!Always wanted to take a trip down it just never happened.We have Moparfest up here in New Hamburg,Ontario. Not quite as wild as the Nat's, but it's coming up on August 21-22.Last year was about 1400 cars and 14,000 people.It's getting bigger every year.There were quite a few American cars up here last year that made the trip.I can't wait!:D
 
Last edited:
Wow that would be a good time! Maybe next year I'll arrange to pick my son up in Michigan (he was at his mom's in Emmett) instead of having them bring him home :scratch2:
 
Thanks for nothing. Now I'm car sick for my 69 Road Runner with that sweet 440 6 pack. Why did I sell it? Dummy.
 
Summersclassiccars.com

Maybe I can get my brother to bring out a couple of his 60K+ hotrods then we can cruise too. . . .
 
Back
Top Bottom