• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

More Fun With Magnavox: The 9300 Series

Thank You @nate96z28 - it was an adventure- a couple of hidden short circuits, a janky metal vapor corrupted 5AR4 that kept arcing, and a minor volume control issue. Great work in hanging in there and not getting too frustrated working through these problems. Really nice build!
The schematic for the hybrid build (Z-565 version front end with buffer, tuning and back end for the stock Magnavox OPT's) is posted below. Let me know if you see anything I biffed.

How did the tubes from Ukraine work out? Do they seem fairly matched channel to channel?

DCG_9300_2025_EFB_Update_Stock_OPT_Buffer_Hybrid_v1.0.jpg
 
Schematic looks great! I put a 100k audio taper pot in place of the two 470k resistors off the inputs but otherwise my circuit is identical.

I haven't gotten my matched quad set of Telam EL84s yet so I'm using an unbalanced set that is biased to .44/.58v, but the amp still sounds great! Should have the new tubes in a few days.
 
Thanks everyone, for all of your help, particularly @wparks for helping me troubleshoot! My amp is now working and sounds fantastic. Very quiet and produces a nice clean, musical sound. I'm actually really enjoying listening to it. Anyway, here is a shot of the build:
Love the witch hat knob!
 
Back
Top Bottom