• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

More info and advice on - Sansui. Pioneer and Marantz

pecata35

New Member
Hello all, I want to change my amp with some of the following:

Pioneer A 77x or A 88x
Marantz PM 64 MkII
Sansui au-x501

I want to listen to loud music (not every time) without distortion. I know that the Pioneers will do that job but I think I want to try softer bass.
Also are they capable of driving 8 ohm and 4 ohm at ones. I saw that the Pioneers and Marantz have 2 ohm rating.
I want more info about the Marantz and Sansui compared to the Pioneer.
 
Register to hide this ad
Hello all, I want to change my amp with some of the following:

Pioneer A 77x or A 88x
Marantz PM 64 MkII
Sansui au-x501

Also are they capable of driving 8 ohm and 4 ohm at ones. I saw that the Pioneers and Marantz have 2 ohm rating.
I want more info about the Marantz and Sansui compared to the Pioneer.

What research have you done so far on your end? what in particular is it that want info wise about these units?
 
What research have you done so far on your end? what in particular is it that want info wise about these units?

Can they drive 8 and 4 ohm speakers at once. That's around 2.4 or 2.6 ohms i think. Because I saw that the Pioneer and Marantz have 2 ohm rating but it's not RMS.
And how is the Sansui. If I want it to go loud.
I had before a Marantz PM 7003 it was nice but if you crank the volume up it didn't sound very nice.
I've seen reviews and post here for the Marantz and Sansui but I don't know if they can keep up with the Dual mono power of the Pioneers i have listed without making the sound not sound good.
 
I want more info about the Marantz and Sansui compared to the Pioneer.

Again what research on your end have you done with regards to the questions you're asking?

The reason I ask is all the amps you mention have owners manual or pictures that can be found online that usually will advise what speakers impedance wise one should be using whether it's A or B or A and B for example

Sansui au-x501

Screen Shot 2023-11-23 at 7.17.24 PM.png

Marantz PM 64 MKII

1700785667717.png
 
Last edited:
Here you go

Soundcraftsmen MA5002
Screenshot_20220507-122943.jpg

Specs
Power Output - 250 watts RMS 8 ohms / 360 watts 4 / ohms per channel
I.M Distortion - Less than 0.05 %
T.H.D Distortion - Less than 0.1 %
T.I.M Distortion - Less than 0.02 %
Signal to Noise - Greater than 105db down
Frequency Response - +- 1/4db 20HZ to 20KHZ
Slew Rate Power Supply - Greater than 90v per micro-second
Slew Rate Amplifier - Greater than 50v per micro-second
Damping Factor - Greater than 150 @ 50 HZ
Stability - Any load 2 ohms to 32 ohms
Input Sensitivity - 1.28 RMS for rated output
Input Impedance - Can be driven from any source 4 Ohms to 50k Ohms
Overload protection - AC instant disconect through Auto Crowbar triac
Speaker Protection - No current limiting instant turn off
Level controls - control level from 0 to full volume
Power turn On - Surge Delay remote turn on through triac operated circuitry
Input Jacks - 1/4 inch phono jacks
Speaker outputs - standard banana plugs
Line cord - Heavy duty 3 wire grounded plug
Dimensions - 19" X 7" X 15"
Weight 58lbs
 
Back
Top Bottom