I have a CDM592, a CDM610, & 2 CD2000 cd players. They all work fine. The only issue I have ever had was a jitter problem with a clicking sound. That came with the firs and most expensive one ($30.00).
I looked up the problem and discovered this is a common problem caused by wear caused by a ball bearing in the center of the clamper puck that bears against a nylon wedge. With time a small dent will form on the nylon wedge and the ball bearing will wobble around in this dent. This causes a clicking sound and skipping. Naturally the part is unobtainium.
The solution I found on-line was to use epoxy to fill the dent and then scrape or sand it smooth again. I didn't like this solution. Epoxy does not stick well to nylon. Here is the solution I came up with:
Keep the epoky in the drawer. Remove the nylon wedge. Place some 220 grit wet & dry sand paper on a flat surface. Wet it and drag the dented surface of the nylon wedge across it until the dent is gone. Put it back in place and enjoy skip free music.
Oh, I forgot to mention DON'T LOSE THE BALL BEARING.
I looked up the problem and discovered this is a common problem caused by wear caused by a ball bearing in the center of the clamper puck that bears against a nylon wedge. With time a small dent will form on the nylon wedge and the ball bearing will wobble around in this dent. This causes a clicking sound and skipping. Naturally the part is unobtainium.
The solution I found on-line was to use epoxy to fill the dent and then scrape or sand it smooth again. I didn't like this solution. Epoxy does not stick well to nylon. Here is the solution I came up with:
Keep the epoky in the drawer. Remove the nylon wedge. Place some 220 grit wet & dry sand paper on a flat surface. Wet it and drag the dented surface of the nylon wedge across it until the dent is gone. Put it back in place and enjoy skip free music.
Oh, I forgot to mention DON'T LOSE THE BALL BEARING.