• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Most over-rated and under-rated bands

Overrated= Stone Temple Pilots
Underrated= Roosevelt "Booba" Barnes
..
If you like Husker Du, check out Grant Hart's solo work too, he still tours occasionally. I guess I should have chose a different comparison than Jazz & the Butthole Surfers! Seems theres alot of mutual fans.
 
Overrated= Stone Temple Pilots
Underrated= Roosevelt "Booba" Barnes
..
If you like Husker Du, check out Grant Hart's solo work too, he still tours occasionally. I guess I should have chose a different comparison than Jazz & the Butthole Surfers! Seems theres alot of mutual fans.

carpenters and slayer?
 
Over rated: Whitesnake
Under rated: Captain Beyond

BTW: I still hate the Grateful Dead, I don't give a **** where they went to school!
 
Berkley college of music in Boston. The Julliard of popular music. Bella Fleck and Victor Wooten are / were students there,

G- Sorry about the mix-up I just assumed when talking about a stoner band you were referencing a stoner school...albeit a somewhat intellectual stoner school.... :) Grillebilly actually makes my point better regarding class offerings

Clydeselsor-You need to chill and watch the language on a public forum like this :no:

I apologize to all if I inadvertently turned this thread into a flame war about the Dead.
 
Although I like Stone Temple Pilots, I tend to agree. Weiland has likely never had an original thought...all the songs borrow heavily from someone else.
 
Learn to read clydeselsor no one said anything about where the dead went to school. You don't really get music either do you.
 
Over rated: Whitesnake
Under rated: Captain Beyond

BTW: I still hate the Grateful Dead, I don't give a **** where they went to school!

I don't like the Dead either. Not that they're good, bad, or indifferent...just don't like their music.

Over rated = Styx, REO Speedwagon
Under Rated = Cheap Trick (first 4 records are classics)
 
Over rated: Foo Fighters

Under Rated: The Eels

There is just something about the Foo Fighters that just is too plain and bores me.
 
Skynyrd... In a way, I feel sorry for what little remains of this band. First, they're cut short by tragedy, then over time are idolized by and come to stand for trailer trash in wife beaters and rusty camaros everywhere. I'm sure they didn't envision that when the original band was together. And on the rare occasion that I can get past the confederate flag-waving Mullet Nation image, I still enjoy some of their music.

Oh come on. Skynyrd embraced the Redneck Nation. (The Redneck Nation gave birth to the mullet/wife beater nation) As for their music, I went through my teenage years liking it, but it does not age well. Once you hear what else is out there, you realize how simple and bland their music is.
 
No problem with me Artk as long as you'r not an ass about it you have a right to you opinion. Btw I saw Cheap Trick with Aerosmith a couple of years ago.
 
University Of Virginia. Second best public college in the country by Newsweek. Thomas Jeferson, John Adams alumni.

UVa - underrated, even at number 2.

I saw the Replacements and REM there - both overrated, drunk and wimpy, respectively.

I saw X and the Fleshtones thers - underrated.

Remember the "White Animals?" - non-rated?
 
Oh come on. Skynyrd embraced the Redneck Nation. (The Redneck Nation gave birth to the mullet/wife beater nation) As for their music, I went through my teenage years liking
it, but it does not age well. Once you hear what else is out there, you realize how simple and bland their music is.

Not referencing to Skynyrd particularly, but everything else applies to most commercial bands. The pool of common sense is rather shallow.
 
Overrated- U2. I thought their first couple of albums were mildly interesting, and then they went downhill from there.

Underrated- Wishbone Ash, but then you might have expected that from my "screen-name". Sparks, Renaissance
 
Overrated: white stripes

Underrated: black keys

Caddisgeek, where did you learn about the Black Keys? They were one of my emusic finds. So many of the underrated that have been mentioned on this thread are bands that had all of the talent, but just didn't get the hype. That's what I enjoy about emusic, and what I'm learning to enjoy more and more about AudioKarma -- introductions to more and more artists that are worth hearing. Thanks for a great thread everyone.

Oh yeah, did I already say that Ben Harper is underrated?
 
Back
Top Bottom