Zenith GA50-12 console with a VM 1297 changer. It worked in August before I bought it. After purchase the original on/off switch had cracked from age, so I replaced it (same wiring positions, switch tests good for continuity). I thought that would resolve the issue but while I get the satisfying ON click, it still doesn’t work.
Now the motor does nothing: no hum, no platter movement. Manually spinning the motor works so it isn’t bound. The radio works, so there is power. I measured the line voltage coming into the switch and it’s good. One neutral and two power. I checked continuity at the switch, it is working. (I can discuss each pin if asked.)
I don’t know what to do next. It’s puzzling. I know the lubricants can harden but it was working recently.
Motor details: Alliance, V-M part number 42150, 117 V 60 cy, dated Dec 29 '67.
Now the motor does nothing: no hum, no platter movement. Manually spinning the motor works so it isn’t bound. The radio works, so there is power. I measured the line voltage coming into the switch and it’s good. One neutral and two power. I checked continuity at the switch, it is working. (I can discuss each pin if asked.)
I don’t know what to do next. It’s puzzling. I know the lubricants can harden but it was working recently.
Motor details: Alliance, V-M part number 42150, 117 V 60 cy, dated Dec 29 '67.