• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mount Prospect IL Marantz 110 tuner, Citation 11 preamp 10.5" RTR

Register to hide this ad
Stopped by on the last day of the sale. All the equipment was still there because it was pretty beat up and high priced. The owners of the property were running the estate sale. The Citation was priced at $130 with loose selector knobs, the real to reel was at $70 and was not complete, the JBL towers were at $80 and needed reforming. I bought a few albums @ 2.75 a piece (that .25 negotiated discount was tough to get) and left.
 
I was there yesterday around 10:00 and the Marantz was gone by then. I came back to try to negotiate a deal on the Citation (they weren't bargaining much yesterday). That was around 12:30 and it was gone by then. I didn't even look at the r2r, I have too many as it is.
 
Weird! Maybe it got moved, because the Citation Eleven was in the basement room off to the left today at 12:30. But I didn't feel it was worth it even at 50% off which based on my unsuccessful albums negotiation would have been very hard to get. When owners run their own sales, the bargains are harder to come by on the last day, at least the estate sale companies generally have to clean out the site after the sale.
 
Maybe someone was walking around with it? That's really strange because I even asked about it. Oh well, hopefully some other AK'er got it.
 
Well I woudn't feel too bad. I went there with the express interest of looking at that amp only, examined it and passed. It was rough, had the wonky speakers/headphone selector switch. Had obviously been pulled from something else (the speaker wires in the back had been snipped off), one of the pushbuttons was catching and it was just nasty. I'm sure it could be cleaned up but the most I'd pay for that unit was $50, not the asking price, and the owners were disorganized and not wheeling and dealing. Sometimes it's just better to walk away.
 
Back
Top Bottom