• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MR-67 Detector

Congratulations on the great work, Murray. I am ALL THUMBS when it comes to fine magnet wire. It's great to know who to send my transformers to!! :D

Mine is still doing well on the DeOxit treatment, but you never know. You have done a great service in measuring the values of those capacitors too.

Thanks,

William
 
Thanks Bill! Carl and Terry too.

Still running and sounds great; I've had it on for 15 hours +/- since putting it back together. In comparison to the MR-71, this one perhaps has a slightly different sound but it's still great. I need to hook them both up and switch back and forth.

It tunes in fine all the way across the dial but seems very sensitive to being tuned slightly off channel and will drop back to mono unless I get it spot on. No noticeable drift, however.

I didn't realize it until I was putting the transformer back together but the tube is only lightly pressed into the base and will easily come out. Also, the clear plastic base and the green parts are easily melted with a soldering iron and the pins on bottom will come loose so a little blob of epoxy there to help hold them in place is indicated (Terry mentioned this).

Murray
 

Attachments

  • mr-67 reprd trnsfrmr.jpg
    mr-67 reprd trnsfrmr.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom