• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MR80 MC2255 Faceplate help

moyo25

New Member
Hello all,

Just purchased new faceplates from McIntosh. Although the cells are in place (minus the blue for the MC2255 which is on the old piece) I didn't realize the frame around the VU's and buttons on the MR80 along with all the touch springs needed removed and put on.
Anyone attempted this or have a suggestion on ease in replacement? Once I started I felt it may be out of my pay scale.

Thank you,

Mike
 
Register to hide this ad
Patience and attention to detail....make sure to clean the spring contact surfaces or get from Patrice his gold replacements.

It takes time to do the change correctly which is why it is not inexpensive......
 
Patience and attention to detail....make sure to clean the spring contact surfaces or get from Patrice his gold replacements.

It takes time to do the change correctly which is why it is not inexpensive......

How do you get them off? Especially the frame on the front...are they just double sided taped?

Thanks
 
The front bezel is stuck on with double sided tape. Red and other color filters need to be transferred or replaced with new.
 
When I had to move my C33's plastic bezel to a new glass face, someone suggested using a hot hair dryer (from the back) to loosen the tape from the old glass. That worked really nicely. At first I had been trying to use a razor blade to separate the bezel from the glass, and that was both slow and tended to bend up the bezel.
 
How do you get them off? Especially the frame on the front...are they just double sided taped?

Thanks
Razor blade is how I did it...Just taped on. But will depend how the the tape is holding, mine weren't that difficult.
 
Just a quick update. Thanks everyone for the insight. Finally decided to tackle the project. The MC2255 was a piece of cake. I used double side tape for the filter and VHB tape for the plastic frame. After a breezy install I thought, what the heck, it's MR80 time. 1 hour and 30 minutes later the installation was complete. Minus getting a little too aggressive with the bezel plastic frame, which cracked slightly, everything went swimmingly. Frame went back on and all the sensors work.

Saved a bit of cash and learned something in the process.

Thanks again everyone.
 
Back
Top Bottom