• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MS300 and Turntable

AM123

New Member
I have a MA2275 and a MS300 and a Rega P5 turntable.

I want to put some of my vinyl onto the MS300.

What inputs on the MS300 should I use?

So that I can hear it should I use the tape input and output for the MS300 and put the turntable into the line in on the MS300, or is this going to work?

Any idea how I can get this to work?

Thanks guys.
 
Register to hide this ad
You need to feed the turntable through a preamp that specifically has a phono input. Phono inputs have RIAA equalization built in where a standard Aux in won't.

The signal recorded on the vinyl is not the exact original signal, just the way Dolby noise reduction modified the signal recorded onto tape. You need the reverse equalization to bring the waveform back to its original state.

I'd use the tape out from your MA2275 to feed the phono signal to the MS300. That way the phono preamp in the MA2275 will deal with that RIAA stuff for you.
 
Thanks, so do I just set the amp on Phono and it will send the signal out through the Tape Out?
 
Back
Top Bottom