• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MS300 hookup

Grogger

Active Member
I hooked the RCA digital out from my MVP871 to the digital RCA input of the MS300,and then from the MS300 digital RCA out to my dac. My dac has only one RCA digital input. When I play a cd on the MVP871 transport I have no sound from the dac. When I play MS300 I get sound from the dac. The manual says the digital RCA circiut is pass through design. Can only cd changers use the digital RCA inputs on the MS300? Can you stream the radio stations from the MS300 to a personal computer?

Thanks Grogger.
 
Register to hide this ad
I've never tried that but I do remember there is an option of whether to use coax or optical for the digital input somewhere in the setup menu. You may want to check that.:scratch2: Not sure about the radio stations either but why not just use Pandora, iTunes, etc... while you are on your personal computer?
 
I called Escient support and they said that only music changers can be connected to the coax inputs on the MS300. Also the MS300 only streams music files only, no radio stations. I will use another program on my computer to stream internet radio stations.
 
Yes, I could connect the optical digital output from the MVP871 to the optical input on the dac. I am already using the coax input on the ps audio dac for the MS300, The sound is awesome! I have heard that digital coax sounds better than optical. I wanted to keep everything coax. I need to find a good optical connector. Has anyone done a test coax vs optical connections to their dac?
 
I need to find a good optical connector. Has anyone done a test coax vs optical connections to their dac?
The coax and optical connections from my MS750 to MDA1000 sound almost identical to me. I like "glass" optical cables. The Audioquest Optilink-5 and Wireworld Super Nova work great in my system.
 
Thank you Victor. I will try the glass optical cable from my mvp871 to the dac. I am using wireworld silver coax from the MS300 to the dac.
 
Back
Top Bottom