• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MS750 Problem?????

clarbin

Member
Banned
I just picked up an MS750 and started loading CD's into it last night and all seemed OK.

Today after I power it down I get 3 flashing red lights that won't go off.

Thay are the Guide-Music-Radio lights.

My dealer is closed and this is going to drive me nuts until tomorrow.

Any suggestions?
 
Register to hide this ad
That is most likely the machine still digesting all the material you loaded into it. when it is done, the red lights will quit flashing. check it tomorrow.
Randy
 
Congrats on your new MS750, it is my all time favorite piece of audio equipment. :yes:

Yes, those 3 flashing lights tell you that the MS750 is writing to the hard drive. If you load a lot of discs it could take the MS750 hours and hours to finish this process. DO NOT unplug the MS750 or do a "restart system" while these lights are flashing or you will loose the CDs you just loaded and you will have to reload them.

Victor
 
I've never seen that on my MS300. I've loaded disc after disc, sometimes 15-20, one after the other and never had that happen. :scratch2:
 
Thanks as well. Hopefully it will be mine.

I bought the MS750 along with an MX120 last night.

It sure would be nice if after spending a bazzilion dollars they would be a little more informative in the manual.

Unless I skipped over it.
 
I've never seen that on my MS300. I've loaded disc after disc, sometimes 15-20, one after the other and never had that happen. :scratch2:

Load a CD into your MS300 and when it is done press the standby button then you will see the light flash until the MS300 is done writing to the hard drive (my English teacher always told me I had problems with run on sentences).

Victor
 
Thanks as well. Hopefully it will be mine.

I bought the MS750 along with an MX120 last night.

It sure would be nice if after spending a bazzilion dollars they would be a little more informative in the manual.

Unless I skipped over it.

There is some learn as you go with the MS750. There are a few of us here that have been using the MS300/MS750 for a while, so let us know if you have any questions.

Also the MS750 support hotline at 866.458.6910 is the best support number I have ever called. The guys at the hotline have been a great help to me many times. :yes: :yes: :yes:

Victor
 
Load a CD into your MS300 and when it is done press the standby button then you will see the light flash until the MS300 is done writing to the hard drive (my English teacher always told me I had problems with run on sentences).

Victor

Ok, I've never done that as I often leave my gear on even over night.
 
The 750 sounds interesting. Does this unit sound better than Itunes? Is there a way to get music on the download or is this mainly for CD loads? Will it load a SACD or a hybrid? And of course how much does this cost? I really like playing a "playlist" of music, esp at night. Maybe this could be my next purchase and I could join the club!
 
The 750 sounds interesting. Does this unit sound better than Itunes?
I have not heard a good system with Itunes but I can say the MS750 sounds great. The top format to store music on the MS750 is FLAC. When using FLAC and my MDA1000 D/A converter the MS750 sounds almost identical to CDs played with my MVP851 and MDA1000. When used by itself the MS750 sounds as good as most $1000 CD players.
Is there a way to get music on the download or is this mainly for CD loads?
The MS750 is mainly for loading CDs. The Linn site has music in FLAC files that you can download to your computer then transfer to the MS750, these FLAC downloads from Linn sound fantastic. Right now Linn is the only site that has FLAC files for download. You could also dowmload MP3 music files to your computer then transfer them to your MS750, but the MP3s won't sound as good as FLAC files.
Will it load a SACD or a hybrid?
The MS750 will not play SACDs. It will load the CD layer of a hybrid SACD/CD disc.
And of course how much does this cost?
$6,000 retail price.
I really like playing a "playlist" of music, esp at night. Maybe this could be my next purchase and I could join the club!
It is a great way to listen to your music. :yes:

Victor
 
I just picked up an MS750 and started loading CD's into it last night and all seemed OK.

Today after I power it down I get 3 flashing red lights that won't go off.

Thay are the Guide-Music-Radio lights.

My dealer is closed and this is going to drive me nuts until tomorrow.

Any suggestions?
I have the MS 300 and the only time that I saw any lights flashing was after I updated the software. Since that was the first time you used the 750, and assuming you are connected to the internet, then the system will automatically check to see if there are software updates available. Maybe it found one and was updating which does take time.
 
My MS300 has done this....but only when loading TONS of cd's in a row. It is just writing to the hard drive and allocating space correct. Just let it go and it will be fine.
 
The three flashing red LEDs mean, 'please do not unplug me as I am doing FLAC conversion of thye ripped CDs'. The flashing will go out after the conversion is finished.

Thanks,
Ron-C
 
Back
Top Bottom