• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MT-10 back in system!

jmslaw

Member
C783066E-98A5-4076-B97F-2E94B7DF46C7.jpeg i recently relocated my entire system to a larger space in my home, with great results. For the past year, I have been using the Clearaudio Innovation Wood table, replacing my MT-10. I was very happy with the upgrade, feeling the much beefier arm was an appreciable improvement over the stock MT-10 arm. I also used a Clearaudio Stradivarius V2 cart., an upgrade over the MCC10 cart................then, a couple of weeks ago, I decided to put the MT-10 back in the system (including the factory-supplied cart.) The differences in the two rigs were far less perceptible than before. I think much of this is due to the fact that the system now rests on a concrete floor, thus minimizing vibrations. My suspended wood floor upstairs was much more prone to vibrations. I think the better-isolated suspension of the Innovation made more of a difference upstairs. The MT-10 on an isolation shelf on a heavy rack on a concrete floor is almost impervious to vibrations. If I jumped up and down upstairs, the needle would skip. Downstairs, I could hold a rodeo, and nothing moves. This has elevated the MT-10 to reference caliber! I can also use my incredible P.A.D. 25th Anniversary phono cable, as opposed to the captive cable on the Innovation. And the MCC10 cart performs much better, too. In fact, it is quieter than the Strad. The MT-10 is as easy a table to use as any I have ever tried. The synergy between the table, arm, and cart. is a testament to the great engineering that went into this product. I would argue that most critics of this table have never actually heard one, or not properly set-up in a reference-caliber system. I think the Innovation May be for sale soon.
 
Register to hide this ad
Very nice! I am sure your system sounds very good and I am glad to sit and listen to gear like that from time to time.
 
With 100 db per watt sensitivity do you ever use much more than 10 watts with your speakers? I was reading a review of Clear Audio TT and watching some of Fremans videos and others are saying all clear audio tables are susceptible to foot traffic noise, where SME Tables are much superior. I know if you have suspended floor the MT-5 is the last table you should pick. I have a TD 125 its never had an issue. MY TD 121 and TD124 were always having issues with acoustic feed back and issues with suspended floors. I have a concrete slab now so there are no acoustical issues.. I bet those big Tannoy are tremendous!. I see those and wonder where your MC-30's are hiding. The Britts love big Tannoys with Quad and Mac tube amps. I see finally you are using 2301's and a tube pre-amp. I bet that gives great sounding system.. Do you have the tweeter set flat or do use the roll off settings the crossover provides??
 
Last edited:
With 100 db per watt sensitivity do you ever use much more than 10 watts with your speakers? I was reading a review of Clear Audio TT and watching some of Fremans videos and others are saying all clear audio tables are susceptible to foot traffic noise, where SME Tables are much superior. I know if you have suspended floor the MT-5 is the last table you should pick. I have a TD 125 its never had an issue. MY TD 121 and TD124 were always having issues with acoustic feed back and issues with suspended floors. I have a concrete slab how so there are no acoustical issues.. I bet those big Tannoy are tremendous!. I see those and wonder where your MC-30's are hiding. The Britts love big Tannoys with Quad and Mac tube amps. I see finally you are using 2301's and a tube pre-amp. I bet that gives great sounding system.. Do you have the tweeter set flat or do use the roll off settings the crossover provides??
I rarely get the meters much past a few watts. Occasionally, during big orchestral movements, I'll hit 30 watts or so, but these amps never even sweat. I keep the speaker settings at flat, employing a McIntosh MEN220 to deal with room issues. My last frontier will be experimenting with grounding device(s).

Thanks,

Jeff
 
Back
Top Bottom