• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MTV Airing Nirvana and Pearl Jam Unplugged Concerts Tonight (6/26/2020)

Register to hide this ad
They both were great episodes.

I've never seen either and have never heard the Pearl Jam performance. They are airing locally starting at 11:00pm. I'll probably stay up late to watch the Nirvana performance, but will probably save the Pearl Jam for tomorrow.
 
I watched the Nirvana episode last night and wow, just wow. What a masterful performance. So cool that it was done in a single take, with no retakes or post production overdubbing. Just some very talented musicians playing live. It gave it a very intimate "you are there" feel.

The commercials were a real drag, interrupted the flow and caused them to edit out Kurt's comments, and the ensuing laughter, about wanting David Geffen to buy him Lead Belly's guitar for the ridiculous sum of $500,000. That comment would be especially relevant right now, since the Martin D-18E Kurt played that night sold for the staggering sum of $6 million just three days ago. That's a record selling price for a guitar. The sweater he wore that night sold for $334,000 last October - also a record selling price for a sweater.
 
STP Unplugged was great too, waiting for my vinyl copy. Don"t know about Pearl Jam but these shows music wise have been released.
 
STP Unplugged was great too, waiting for my vinyl copy. Don"t know about Pearl Jam but these shows music wise have been released.

Has there ever been an official release of the STP Unplugged performance? All I see in Discogs are "unoffficial" European releases which get dubious ratings for sound quality.
 
Has there ever been an official release of the STP Unplugged performance? All I see in Discogs are "unoffficial" European releases which get dubious ratings for sound quality.
Mine arrived today but haven't listened to it. A lot of Amazon reviews are split on the SQ,I'll post my opinion after I play it.
 
Has there ever been an official release of the STP Unplugged performance? All I see in Discogs are "unoffficial" European releases which get dubious ratings for sound quality.
Don't know if its OFFICIAL but the sound quality is very good imo. Amazon reviews said this album sound wise is crap, there must be more than one version out there?
15935631646981243632543523083947.jpg
DOL label.
Now whoever put it together put spaces between the songs unlike the TV program where one song flowed into another after the applause. I don't think you will be disappointed.
 
Last edited:
Don't know if its OFFICIAL but the sound quality is very good imo. Amazon reviews said this album sound wise is crap, there must be more than one version out there?
View attachment 1913264
DOL label.
Now whoever put it together put spaces between the songs unlike the TV program where one song flowed into another after the applause. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Thanks! Did you purchase your copy from Amazon, or elsewhere?
 
Thanks! Did you purchase your copy from Amazon, or elsewhere?
Amazon. I think the confusion on SQ is because there is a STP Unplugged and STP MTV Un plugged,two different recordings. Their are no negative reviews on Discog for this pressing. Also I dont think it's the ENTIRE set because I remember them doing Inter State Love Song and it's not on here. The sound quality is very good,has depth and all instruments are in the mix.
 
Back
Top Bottom