• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Mulling over building an Aleph J

Rae Galid

New Member
Hi and good day guys/gals @ Solid State:
I am almost committed to jumping the deep end and building an power amp based on Nelson Pass Aleph J board. Here is a built one:
http://qwertyl.republika.pl/passdiy/AlephJ.html
http://qwertyl.republika.pl/passdiy/AJschematic.jpg

I am paying an experienced contractor to build this all the way. However I would like to have a sense of the costs of the main parts - power supply/tranny, FETs, Caps (I can get the chassis cheaply from China via a friend.) Power req: a bipolar power supply of (+/- 24V) : 18V+18V (or 36V centertapped) transformer from 300-500VA, and PSU capacitance of 60,000uF + per rail.

Would really appreciate pointers from knowledgeable friends here. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Rae
Borneo, Malaysia
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom