• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Multipath interference with rabbit ears?

Dave1027

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
It's not that I'm cheap. I'm just lazy :biggrin:. I use a TV style rabbit ears for my FM tuner antenna. Actually, I tried a nicer antenna that I planned to install in my attic but it ended up having worse reception than my old rabbit ears.

The rabbit ears are mounted out of the way (somewhat hidden) in a corner. My question is could bass from my speakers be affecting its reception? I thought maybe the vibration would cause the distance from the corner to vibrate causing multipath interference. Is that a valid concern?
 
Register to hide this ad
nah, it won't care. If you walls are moving enough for that to be a concern, you've got much larger problems than multipath noise.
 
Might be an interesting experiment to hang a loose sheet of foil (such that it will vibrate freely) behind the antenna and see if you can hear an effect.
 
I was thinking those corners sometimes have a metal piece in them. But even without metal, I have read that the wind blowing trees near your house can induce multipath interference.
 
If you had loose connection then vibrations from the base may cause reception issues.
 
Back
Top Bottom