• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MX110Z without panlocs

OldBikesRule

New Member
Hello! New poster here! Quick question, if you don't mind. I have an early MX110Z that does not have panlocs. Is an L12 or L52 cabinet still the right option for my MX110? If the L12/L52 cabinet has the panlocs already installed, do I just unscrew the panlocs from the cabinet and slide my unit in with no issue?

Thanks!

Jeff Woodard
 
Register to hide this ad
Either will fit. I'm not certain how the MX110M is secured in the cabinet however but with receivers such as the MAC1500 are held in with screws through the bottom. Perhaps the MX110M does it in the same way.
 
Thanks very much for the speedy response. Is there a source for the correct nonpanloc-through-the-bottom screws that the factory used to secure the chassis to the cabinet in these situations?
 
Thanks very much for the speedy response. Is there a source for the correct nonpanloc-through-the-bottom screws that the factory used to secure the chassis to the cabinet in these situations?

Audio Classics would be the one to consult on this matter.
 
Ok, found a NOS L52. It definitely does NOT fit my MX110X. The NOS L52 came with a sheet that says it fits "Any glass panel Panloc product with front panel dimensions 5-5/16x16 (MA6200, C32, MC2125, MR78) and any metal panel product with front panel dimensions 5-7/32x16 (MC2120)."

My non-panloc MX110X front panel measures 5-3/16x15-9/16. It has the "removable end caps" with the red dials if that matters.

So . . . what did I do wrong? Is there another case that definitely would fit my MX110X? Maybe the L12?
 
L12 fits the L52 models. L10 says it fits the C22, and the C22 fits in the L52 also.
Yes, I am researching the sites on the web but I'm still not coming up with any clear answers.
 
Your best bet is probably to contact Audio Classics. They will have the answer for you.

They deal with this every day and are very helpful.

Larry
 
Last edited:
I believe this link will be helpful. It is either the first Panloc shelf brackets, or the full Pan Panloc that will be what you need.

http://www.mcintoshcompendium.com/Compendium Docs/Other/PDFs/PANLOC.pdf

However I will join the chorus and say the best bet is to talk to Audio Classics. They can tell you immediately which way to go. If I am not mistaken, it is only the 110Z that has the Panloc buttons, not an M or X version.

Again the Compendium seems to back that up.

http://www.mcintoshcompendium.com/Compendium Docs/Tuner - Pre-Amps/PDFs/MX110EARLY.pdf
http://www.mcintoshcompendium.com/Compendium Docs/Tuner - Pre-Amps/PDFs/MX110MID.pdf
 
I was at Audio Classics today and we went through the cabinet issue.

The cabinet you need is definitely the L10 cabinet. We put an MX110 (Mid) into the cabinet and it fit perfectly. The unit is attached with some small screws that go through the bracket behind the end cap and into the cabinet. And there are four holes in the bottom of the cabinet for attaching the cabinet directly to the unit.

However, the L10 cabinet does not have the slant legs. It came with four squat brown plastic feet. So this cabinet preceded the L11 with the slant legs.

I have noted this on the McIntosh Compendium and will upload photos of the front and bottom in the next couple of days.

Larry
 
Last edited:
I don't know if you ever found a cabinet, but my research shows the early MX110 (M or X) to use the L66 Cabinet just like a late C20 or MR65. I also found that these early models were not included in any of the L66 Cabinet listings. I have seen owners post that their early models are in L66 Cabinets. Perhaps someone here has an early MX110M or X Manual that calls out the correct cabinet?
Here is one that just sold on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283505060390

-EW
 
That Ebay listing is for a L19WVO cabinet for the MAC1700 and MAC1900 receivers. It would not work with the MX110.

The L66 will fit the MX110 (Mid) units.

Larry
 
That Ebay listing is for a L19WVO cabinet for the MAC1700 and MAC1900 receivers. It would not work with the MX110.

The L66 will fit the MX110 (Mid) units.

Larry

Interesting as the seller had just removed an MX110X from it? His measurements in a PM also were the same as an L66. The plot thickens. lol s-l1600.jpg
 
Last edited:
I also can not find an image of a non-vented L19WVO with the early mounting (removable aluminum end pieces).

The OP had updated his search to an X model.
 

Attachments

  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 8
I took a chance and ordered the Ebay Cabinet listed as coming from the MX110X and can confirm that it fits my MR-65 and C20 like a glove! Is it an L10 or an L66? I don't know, but it is perfect!



20190611_170620-1.jpg

20190611_170629-1.jpg
 
L66 would've been my guess as well.

The MX110 produces quite a bit of heat - it's strange a vented cabinet wasn't provided for the MX110, however the tube compliment is slightly smaller in the M version than the Z so maybe that's the reason.
 
Back
Top Bottom