• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MX132 vs. EAD Ovation

Duane

AK Member
Subscriber
Good day to all.
I presently own an EAD Ovation Plus with a Powermaster 500 feeding Aerial Acoustic 6Bs (front lr) and 5Bs (rear and center).Having lived with this combo for over 4 years,I thought the upgrade/change was over.It has been the best combo I've ever had.All were purchased used except the 7Bs.Great speakers.I have,however,been looking into McIntosh gear again.
My question is regarding the MX series of pre/pros,particularly the MX132.If anyone who's familiar with the MX132, and also heard an EAD, able to give their impressions between the two,I'd appreciate it.I live in the San Diego area and the only shop I'm aware of that carries the McIntosh line,has an MX135 in house.It's more than I want to spend,particularly when I may want to go to a more powerfull amplifier (s),staying with the McIntosh line.I feed the video signals directly to the ser,so switching is not important.The EAD is a barebones,basic preamp/proc.So the advantages of the Mc from a feature standpoint is an obvious plus.But,the EAD does sound good.Again,if anyone has heard both and would like to pass along their observations,it would be appreciated.Thanks!! .. Duane
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I have a MX 132 and I enjoy it very much. I don't use the video capabilities, as I prefer to go out of my Dennon 3910 into my Samsung DLP via DVI. I do use the DA via a toslink out of the Dennon.

I like the MX132. Currently I am using a Mcintosh MC7205, but I bought a MC207 a couple of weeks ago. I would be listening to the MC207, but unfortunately I am waiting for Fedex to finish resolving the claim as the CRUSHED the face plate and knobs when they dropped it!
 
Thanks for your response,Mike.Sorry to hear about your amplifier disaster.I think we've all had some bad experiences with shipping.However,that statement doesn't ease your pain I'm sure.
 
Thanks for your response,Mike.Sorry to hear about your amplifier disaster.I think we've all had some bad experiences with shipping.However,that statement doesn't ease your pain I'm sure. :no:
 
They initially denied the claim, but now it is being "reviewed" by their management. I have some great pictures if anybody wants to see a beautiful smashed amp...

It was in the factory double box and fastened to the factory wooden board. Overall very distressing... (I didn't mean to hijack the thread sorry!)
 
Back
Top Bottom