• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My 1960 Original and Only Hi Fi System

I had the password problem a few days ago...or yesterday... I don't know... One of the two... I've been battling severe allergies all week, so it's anybody's guess... I think I have a sinus infection (Going to the doctor tomorrow).

But that's not important right now... :smoke:

My point is, I was using someone else's iPad to sign in (I don't own iAnything), and it would quickly flash that "Thank You For Signing In, "X" (or "so and so" for short), and then it would take me right over to AK's usual "You don't have access/You're not signed in/You 'effed up somewhere" page. I forget what it says. I tried over and over. Nothing. So, I switched to that same person's iPHONE, and it worked fine. iGive up.

One other thing... To the OP... Sweet setup... I love horn instruments too, so I run an early '60's tube-era setup... Nothing like the silky-smooth realism of big ported/vented speakers and tubes.
 
Last edited:
My previously posted listening room floor plan shows the big alum horns mounted against the left and right hard wall corners. The Altecs were cast in two pieces and welded together as shown. The resulting four cell’s vertical plates had natural horizontal slots which held the full width horizontal, 1/32 in foam-plastic divider separator. This, in addition of upper and lower 1/32 in foam-plastic padding of the horn's throat. Both of these "hacker" fixes were an attempt to reduce/eliminate the high frequency, "hashy" characteristic sound of most indirect radiating compression horns. The horn's downward bent divider in the cells against the room walls was an attempt to reduce reflections from the hard room side walls. On a very rare opportunity of demonstrating the system to professional movie music scoring persons, they offered the observation the small room seemed to be completely devoid of identified room reflections!

Thanks for the explanation, were those your hacks, or did they come that way?
 
Well I'm back on this Audio Karma forum thread after an absence of over five years working Video Karma Early Color TV forum. Looking forward to reactivating my ancient original Hi Fi system, thread. Seems at my advanced age I sincerely do miss classical full orchestra music which seems to all but disappeared from this earth, really!

I worked as a digital communication modem design engineer at a start up over-the-air music service in 1993 that went bust. Got over 120 90 min audio CDs and over 800 60 & 90 minute digital audio tape cassettes, all of which were classical orchestral,

So
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom