• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My beloved Realistic STA-2100 has come home...

I'm in the process of cleaning up all my Realistic receivers, plus I just acquired a minty STA-2000 that's in the shop for a tune-up. I pulled out the STA-2100 and removed the case. I refinished the case back in 2006 and it still looks great! I just used some Howard's Feed & Wax... This is definitely a museum piece and only gets powered on a couple times a year. (Strange I know...) Not a great sounding receiver, but I bet a re-cap would help. I also don't want the troublesome power switch to fail...

I now have a nice collection of "significant" RS receivers. The 2100, 2080, 2000, 2290, 90 and 52B. (The 52B because it was the first audio component!) I also have mint restored/refinished/re-capped Mach Ones, Mach Twos, T-300s, and Optimus 27s.

Anyways, lets look at the beauty of the STA-2100 and remember what Radio Shack was once capable of.

Btw - My low mileage, minty STA-90 connected to my restored/re-capped Optimus T-300 speakers and re-capped Super Tweeters is the best sounding Realistic setup I've ever heard. (I plan on doing a review of all my Realistic equipment at some point in the future!)
 

Attachments

  • IMAG2290.jpg
    IMAG2290.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 25
  • IMAG2292.jpg
    IMAG2292.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMAG2285.jpg
    IMAG2285.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 25
Great stories and nice gear. Not as highly sought after as MCS (:D), but real good kit :yes:

I would not be cycling the power switches on any of this stuff. Run it off a power strip or something you can replace easily if it smokes :smoke:
 
Great stories and nice gear. Not as highly sought after as MCS (:D), but real good kit :yes:

I would not be cycling the power switches on any of this stuff. Run it off a power strip or something you can replace easily if it smokes :smoke:

Good advice....:)
 
Back
Top Bottom