• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My best " deal " find

Stan man

Well-Known Member
Hi all,
my modem's been down. I actully got these last friday at a thrift store for $20.00 .
The drivers are perfect, no grills though. I'm very impressed with their "sophisticated" sound. No etch or glare and beautilffully extended bass down into the upper thirties.
I can't find much info on these ADS L990s. Any help apreciated.

Thanks. Stan
 

Attachments

  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 178
Register to hide this ad
I haven't heard that model but for $20 I know you got a hell of a deal. Enjoy.

cubdog
 
Pulled this minimal info from elsewhere.
L- 990 COLUMN BLACK or OAK (PAIR)
Description: 3-WAY, 10" WOOFER, 1.5" MID, 3/4" TWEETER
Manufacture Years: 1987 - 1988
Additional Information:
Retail
MSRP: $900.00

Also indicated bluebook price was over $500 in 2007, don't have a clue what it would be today.

AK'er thedelihaus may know something about them....
 
I've owned an orphan L990 for about three years and keep hoping to locate a mate for it. Very nice sounding speaker. Great find! :thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom