• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My Best Find so far- Klipsch...

OMG the last room has these, no model number, just a Sony badge on perfect, beautiful baffles. Really nice veneer and inset backing. With a keyhole mount to hang on a wall, lol.
 

Attachments

  • 48C04889-0045-4F7E-8A95-91E5ED4A66B8.jpeg
    48C04889-0045-4F7E-8A95-91E5ED4A66B8.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 15
  • DBC9676B-C5A7-4EC9-A2B6-5B831E82251D.jpeg
    DBC9676B-C5A7-4EC9-A2B6-5B831E82251D.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 12
Quite honestly Charlie, I think the Six's would give the Heresy's a run for their money, in the right setup and genre of music being listened to. As with any quality speaks of this age, put the time and money into them in order to bring out their best music reproduction. If you plan on keeping them and want to hear them at their best.

I personally would pick the Hersey's over the KLH's. But as I said before, I am a loyal lover of the Klipsch Heritage line of speakers. The true test will be when you listen to the Six's and make your own decision. I personally would keep both and set them up in different rigs. Just like I do with a pair of KLH Seventeen's I have. My Seventeen's love being hooked up to a tube amp/preamp combo rather than SS pieces.
 
So IDK if I should start a new thread, but may have an even better find:
KLH Model sixes I tried to find info from serial number could anyone point me in the right direction? They appear to be the older type, with non removable baffles, but I haven’t seen any described with this white finish, which appears to be original.
Uh oh ... and so it begins! :)
KLH Model sixes, those are worth having ... also! Tons of stuff on them, here and on the web.:
http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/IP.Board/index.php?/topic/2399-klh-history-updatemodel-six/

And since they are from back in the day ... they should be very efficient also. Those would be worth getting .. also. :)
 
Hmmmm.... the sixes sound like too much work for me maybe right now...trying to launch my skate shop and still working on my friend’s house (where the speaks were found) so I just might let them set for a while ...I’m very happy with the Heresy 2’s, and also don’t have any tube gear at the moment
So thanks for that insight!
 
Oh ... I dug into that site I linked a bit more and I have to say WOW! I've never heard them but I have heard about them. And yeah if something goes wrong ... they sound like real PIA's! I thought they were typical bookshelfish speakers built in a conventional manner manner?? But clearly such is not the case??

Well hopefully I don't run across any of them?? I already have two pairs of PIA to work on speakers! Walsh Ohm 2's and Sansui SF1's (end table speakers.) Both are different degrees of annoying to work on. :)
 
any thoughts on the Sony’s?
Well I've not heard them but generally speaking ... permanently attached speaker wires and wall mounting or not really things you see on good speakers???

Not having said that, I have a pair of "Concord" speakers?? That are about half that size they have rca plugs for speaker connections and ... they mount on the wall! But hey $5 bucks what the hey??

Being curious, I opened them up (back panel screws) and I expected to see just an empty box with a couple of drivers?? But they had some sort of A frame thing inside of them?? Ok that was different so I hooked them up to the bed room AVR and I found I rather like them!

They are mostly a mid range kinda thing not real highs and certainly not bass to speak of?? But after a few minutes I no longer notice the lack of bass (much.) I never played any music on them just watched TV ... and they are certainly better than the TV speakers. But in 60 some odd years ... I never did Japanese Speakers??

The Sansui SF 1's were my first Japanese Speakers and I like them and then I got the Sp 1200's and they don't suck! :)

Long way of saying if they are cheap?? Hey give em a try, you might find them to be "not that bad??" And may find a use for them??? And if they don't suck, you can always add a sub. But they are not in the same as the Klipsch's or the KLH Sixes! :)
 
Oh ... I dug into that site I linked a bit more and I have to say WOW! I've never heard them but I have heard about them. And yeah if something goes wrong ... they sound like real PIA's! I thought they were typical bookshelfish speakers built in a conventional manner manner?? But clearly such is not the case??

Well hopefully I don't run across any of them?? I already have two pairs of PIA to work on speakers! Walsh Ohm 2's and Sansui SF1's (end table speakers.) Both are different degrees of annoying to work on. :)
When I had a pair I cut away the old grille and made a board for a new grille. I'm not nearly skilled enough to work through the xover opening on the back.
 
Oh ... I dug into that site I linked a bit more and I have to say WOW! I've never heard them but I have heard about them. And yeah if something goes wrong ... they sound like real PIA's! I thought they were typical bookshelfish speakers built in a conventional manner manner?? But clearly such is not the case??

Well hopefully I don't run across any of them?? I already have two pairs of PIA to work on speakers! Walsh Ohm 2's and Sansui SF1's (end table speakers.) Both are different degrees of annoying to work on. :)
Right? I mean I love to restore things, (but usually Metal things, and more recently roller skates) and use and wear vintage almost everything, but I’m not even going to hook up the klh sixes at this point, because once I’m in for a penny...
 
Well I've not heard them but generally speaking ... permanently attached speaker wires and wall mounting or not really things you see on good speakers???

Not having said that, I have a pair of "Concord" speakers?? That are about half that size they have rca plugs for speaker connections and ... they mount on the wall! But hey $5 bucks what the hey??

Being curious, I opened them up (back panel screws) and I expected to see just an empty box with a couple of drivers?? But they had some sort of A frame thing inside of them?? Ok that was different so I hooked them up to the bed room AVR and I found I rather like them!

They are mostly a mid range kinda thing not real highs and certainly not bass to speak of?? But after a few minutes I no longer notice the lack of bass (much.) I never played any music on them just watched TV ... and they are certainly better than the TV speakers. But in 60 some odd years ... I never did Japanese Speakers??

The Sansui SF 1's were my first Japanese Speakers and I like them and then I got the Sp 1200's and they don't suck! :)

Long way of saying if they are cheap?? Hey give em a try, you might find them to be "not that bad??" And may find a use for them??? And if they don't suck, you can always add a sub. But they are not in the same as the Klipsch's or the KLH Sixes! :)
Yes, all things that came to my mind as well, the attached wire, etc ... those grills, though.... they certainly don’t make them like that any more.
 
Yes, all things that came to my mind as well, the attached wire, etc ... those grills, though.... they certainly don’t make them like that any more.
Well as far as repairing or modding goes ... I'd say Thank God! :)

I never really thought about it but Klipsch, speakers (Heritage line anyway) are also a model of simplicity! When I bought my Ohm 2's with a full disclosed blown woofer. for $75 bucks. Which was a great price!

I knew nothing of them (cept I knew the name) but hey a blown woofer, no big deal!! Yeah ... not so much??? The woofer (hmm drivers) are in the top thingie?? And you have to send both tops in to have them matched and repaired (properly!) And if you screw with them ie open them up, the factory will charge a premium, to you for screwing with them!

But as I often said on the Boxer and German Shepherd Forums, There is always that guy!" And in the thread on recapping the Walsh 2's ( which is truly a PIA!) A member here chimed and he did refoam his "HAT'S" himself! So it could be done but I'm not that brave. :)

So I have only ever heard my one OHM. And I have to say the one alone was impressive! Very open and spacious sound stage and I was like ... wow that's one speaker!?? Pretty cool, I'll get them fixed this year I hope! :)

At any rate and back on point if you can get the KLH 6's cheap?? It would be worth doing so at the right price ... you could flip them for a profit, down the road or you might change your mind and decide to fix whatever may or not be wrong with them?? But they would most likely need caps. There is lot's of info on here on them.

But to be honest the "flipping thing" has never worked for me?? When I bought my Sansui SP1200's last summer for 15 bucks for the pair ... I pretty much thought OK, I'll gave them a try and pass them on for a profit! Yeah ... that is not gonna happen! I hooked them up last summer after I got them to the AVR in the living room ... so daily use and they have never left! :)

So apparently my urge for "profit" can't overcome my feeling of "mine,mine,mine!!" Sigh I already have more sets of speakers than I can use?? But I like them all and Sansui SP1200's are in the living room and putting another pair of similar sized speakers in the living room would be too much for my better half!

I run the Sansui SP 1200's in conjunction with my Radio Shack LX 5's. And the other day my wife asked if she could put "Plants" where those Black Speakers were?? Of course I said uh "NO!" Those are playing "now" they are hooked to the sub and Sansui's! So you know ... another set of large "bookshelf speakers" in the living room ... is not gonna happen! Aww well such is life ... fortunately ... I've not stumbled onto La Bella's or La Scala's at a price I can afford yet!

Cause if I do ... those puppies are coming home with me!! :)
 
Back
Top Bottom