Phototone
Super Member
So I got this "custom" cabinet full'o'Bozak drivers a couple days ago, and finally got around to opening it up to see exactly what I have.
It appears it is set up for either bi-amping or single-amping, and configurable with toggle switches on the back for each way. There are 2 crossovers for each channel inside, one for biamping, the other for single-amping.
The center of the unit has 2 Bozak B199A woofers, each one connected to a corresponding channel. (left and right)
Each end cabinet partition has the following components.
1 ea. Bozak B199A woofer..and maybe a tweeter assembly in front...there are wires going there.
1. Bozak 676 midrange..I could be wrong about number, it looks like a B-209A
Bozak Tweeter marked 754 on back
Pioneer tweeter XDE61
Bozak N10102 Crossover
Bozak N107 crossover for bi-amping.
(of course this is one channel, repeated on other channel)
Notice the toggle switches on the back panel (one set for left, and another not visible set for the right channel)
You can either set up the system to work with a single stereo amplifier, by flipping the toggles, you can do a biamping set-up with one amp powering the bass speakers, and another amp driving the midrange and tweeters.
It appears to be an extremely well assembled system, but home made? The cabinetry is not amateurish at all.
Any comments welcome. I paid $175 for this odd piece. I think I scored on drivers alone. Wiith 8 Bozak drivers and 4 Bozak crossovers.
It appears it is set up for either bi-amping or single-amping, and configurable with toggle switches on the back for each way. There are 2 crossovers for each channel inside, one for biamping, the other for single-amping.
The center of the unit has 2 Bozak B199A woofers, each one connected to a corresponding channel. (left and right)
Each end cabinet partition has the following components.
1 ea. Bozak B199A woofer..and maybe a tweeter assembly in front...there are wires going there.
1. Bozak 676 midrange..I could be wrong about number, it looks like a B-209A
Bozak Tweeter marked 754 on back
Pioneer tweeter XDE61
Bozak N10102 Crossover
Bozak N107 crossover for bi-amping.
(of course this is one channel, repeated on other channel)
Notice the toggle switches on the back panel (one set for left, and another not visible set for the right channel)
You can either set up the system to work with a single stereo amplifier, by flipping the toggles, you can do a biamping set-up with one amp powering the bass speakers, and another amp driving the midrange and tweeters.
It appears to be an extremely well assembled system, but home made? The cabinetry is not amateurish at all.
Any comments welcome. I paid $175 for this odd piece. I think I scored on drivers alone. Wiith 8 Bozak drivers and 4 Bozak crossovers.
Attachments
Last edited: