• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My first attempt at veneering

Aage said:
I agree, the veneer (is it oak?) drops years off the piece. Very modern look.

And, an amazing job for your first time! Do you intend to do the rest of your system in the same finish?

Aage,

It is real wood red oak veneer. As far as doing the whole system, I am definitely contemplating the SA-6800 Integrated and TX-6800 tuner. Heck, I may go as far as to buy some oak panels and do up the DT-5 timer as well. That may be pretty cool to have a whole system done up that way.

Paul
 
Nice job. I am encouraged to do a bit of oak myself.

I just ordered enough red oak veneer to ruin my roughest set of HPM-100s :). If all goes well, 2 more sets to do now, and 1 more set to do, when I snag it.

I also ordered enough walnut to give my AR9s a new face. The trick is going to be removing the control panel faces and felt acoustic blankets.

Rich P
 
Looks great Paul,
I've been seeing so many nice wood projects lately, I'm going to have give it it a shot. :thmbsp:
 
That deck is beautiful. Nice job. How much did the supplies cost for that one project? I went into home depot earlier today and asked where there wood veneer was and no one knew what the hell I was talking about.
 
The veneer 12" x 48" package cost $18.00 and $6.00 for the edge trimmer plus tax of course. I got the stuff at Lowe's. The funny thing is I can't find it on their website. But I guess it's reasonable that they can't have everything in the store on the website. I ended up with 2 pieces 12" x 3" approximately when done. So no real waste to speak of. I like that :yes: . My local Home Depot doesn't carry the stuff either.

It sounds like I may have got some wheels turning out there. I would love to see photos if anyone else decides to take the plunge.

Paul
 
Last edited:
Tripqzon said:
The veneer 12" x 48" package cost $18.00 and $6.00 for the edge trimmer plus tax of course. I got the stuff at Lowe's.

Does Lowe's carry the veneer you used in bigger pieces or was 12"x48" the biggest?

The case looks great by the way.
 
lena said:
Very Nice - Excellent :thmbsp:

Did you snap a before pic???

Unfortunately I didn't. :no: Was anxious to get started and I didn't even think to do so. DUH!! to me.
 
looks great, would appreciate side/top shots, and for later projects as you proceed would love to see how it progresses.

gychang
 
Great work! Im going to reveener my set of Klipsch Cornwalls and will post the whole process in the DIY also. Wish me luck. :)
 
OldSkool said:
Great work! Im going to reveener my set of Klipsch Cornwalls and will post the whole process in the DIY also. Wish me luck. :)

I definitely want pictures of those when your done at least.

Paul
 
Back
Top Bottom