• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My first electrostatic speakers, JansZen

Owned a hundred Janszen panels and repaired Electrostats over the past 35 years, Owned...

Dayton Wright

Acoustat X, 5 pairs with Direct drive tube amps. Still own one set.

Beveridge System III's.

KLH Nines two sets. Have some bass panels.

Koss.

Jensen.

Still have a lots of stat parts Janszen, Beveridge, KLH panels including these upgraded model 130's.

soA5C1n.jpeg


lUGgmDp.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Buck,
I am in the process of repairing and upgrading a pair of Janszen 130 speakers. Among a few other parts, it is recommended to replace the potentiometer with a 50k. I am assuming a 2 watt wirewound is the correct style pot?
 
There are two types of Janszen power supplies.

One type adjusts the High Voltage on the panels and appear to be between 2K and 5K ohm two watt.

The other is a simple 8 or 16 ohm "L" pad on the speaker input.
 
If Wirewound is what was in there then I'd use the same.

The higher you set the volume with the HV control the louder you play them the faster the panels wear.

That said I've only had problems when a customers wife misted the huge Boston fern that hung over the stat panels every day...

:rolleyes:

Buck
 
Back
Top Bottom