• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My first pair of Klipsch!

xratedpez

Super Member
Well alright!!! I am pretty excited, just got a pair of KG 3.5 from a seller on CL, in black satin.

Hear these are great 2-ways, they sounded great even in an underpowered, off axis setup in the seller's home. Can't wait to hook them up to my 90's Marantz receiver at home!

Question to all the vets: anything to look out for/be careful of with these?

How do you have them setup (sub, no sub, etc)?

Any upgrades that can be done?

Just curious what the fans of these speakers will tell me.

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
rated at 65 watts max continuous, how much power do you folks normally feel comfortable push these with?

Also, the bass seems pretty reliant on placement of these speakers. any tips on that?
 
65 watts continuous will be extremely painful for you, and the next door neighbor.:D
Try 2 watts continuous, and I think you will be more than satisfied.
 
Welcome to the Klipsch owners club! Hee Hee. Nice little set of KG's. Replace the stock phenolic diaphragm with a Bob Crites Titanium diaphragm, for your first upgrade ($60), then tackle the crossover by replacing the caps. Other than that, enjoy the music.......:yes:
 
Ok, someone has to say it...


It's not the size of the drive but the magic in it.

There, I feel better.
 
Once you feel the sound the difference will be obvious. My Heritage Fortes are SO woody-sounding, it's as if I've discovered a sound I'd never had before.
 
Back
Top Bottom