dc270
Now Off the Reservation
Just a brief note on where I am going and have been with these.....
Took a couple of defunct Infinity SM120 cabs and am retrofitting them with EV DL12W woofers, EV ST350B tweeters, and a 5" x 15 horn lens with a Motoraola CTS KSN1188a piezo horn driver. That mid horn driver is actually a very good driver I found through PAul C. here (a BIG "Thanks" to you too Paul- they tested out very well). They sound super smooth, you would never guess them to be in the Piezo family at all and should blend well with everything else! I did have to open up the back of the cabs to alow the mid driver to extend some but it should look tasteful when done. The cabs are getting totally restructured and am building custom xover networks with dual rear L-Pads that have LED power indicators (bling).
I have seen this mid tweeter/ top mid horn layout on other designs like the Mach 1's, Aztecs, etc- it's a first for me to use & build. I want these to rival & beat the Heresy and even a few others!! Should be interesting! Thanks for looking in.
DC
Took a couple of defunct Infinity SM120 cabs and am retrofitting them with EV DL12W woofers, EV ST350B tweeters, and a 5" x 15 horn lens with a Motoraola CTS KSN1188a piezo horn driver. That mid horn driver is actually a very good driver I found through PAul C. here (a BIG "Thanks" to you too Paul- they tested out very well). They sound super smooth, you would never guess them to be in the Piezo family at all and should blend well with everything else! I did have to open up the back of the cabs to alow the mid driver to extend some but it should look tasteful when done. The cabs are getting totally restructured and am building custom xover networks with dual rear L-Pads that have LED power indicators (bling).
I have seen this mid tweeter/ top mid horn layout on other designs like the Mach 1's, Aztecs, etc- it's a first for me to use & build. I want these to rival & beat the Heresy and even a few others!! Should be interesting! Thanks for looking in.
DC
Last edited: