• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My Latest Speaker Score: Mint 1984 Klipsch Heresy HOO - $600

ericleehall

Active Member
I've been on the lookout for a local set of these for a while, and they appear to be mint and original in every way, with consecutive serial numbers 8448779 & 8448780. (1984 I'm presuming?)

The original owner says he never modified them in anyway and that they've been stored in his home unused for over 20 years. It does not appear that they have any foam that might need replacing.

I've very excited to hook them up, and hope they'll match well with my McIntosh Mx110Z + Mc240 system I'm assembling.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2667.JPG
    IMG_2667.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2668.JPG
    IMG_2668.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 46
Register to hide this ad
I have a set of 1983 Heresy's in OO (oiled oak) with the cane grills. They were in excellent condition when I purchased them and the only mods that I've done to them is to recap the crossovers using Bob Crites cap kits and used thin weatherstripping to seal the back panel. Hooked to a set of restored Mac MC40 monoblocks using a Carver C1 for a pre and feeding the pre with a Sony DVP-S700 it sounds fantastic.
Our model of Heresy's are often referred as model 1.5 as it's between the original and the model II.
If you decide to do the crossover rebuild, do one at a time so you can compare them. After doing both I questioned the wisdom of rebuilding them as the highs were rather nasty but after a few hours of playing smoothed out and sounded great. I was never a believer of caps breaking in but this changed my perception on that issue.
I'm sure you will enjoy them, keep us posted.

BillWojo
 
Thanks for the referral for Bob Crites, I ended up ordering a set of risers from him, and will wait to see about the crossover upgrade as necessary...
 
Back
Top Bottom