• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

My Marantz 2020 Tuner

parkjv1

New Member
96A37B28-AF09-4BD4-9A18-CFE814741DA8.jpeg I purchased this Tuner from a seller on eBay in Jerusalem. I live in Hawaii and every single day it was in shipment I was hoping it would arrive okay.
I was fortunate enough to see the package was amazing and it made its long journey without and issues. This is the brow faceplate version (European market) vs the clear faceplate version that I have seen for the North America market. It’s in mint condition. I had to change out the plug and switch the power select over to 120. I plugged it in and did a visual check of the VU Meters as I tuned up and down the dial. My next steps are to start working on the 3300 PreAmp and I have a very nice mint condition M-250 waiting.
 

Attachments

  • 18C19633-BA70-4895-A587-3A21162DE507.jpeg
    18C19633-BA70-4895-A587-3A21162DE507.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 17
  • FE91978A-50E4-449E-BB90-5066183EB832.jpeg
    FE91978A-50E4-449E-BB90-5066183EB832.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 18
Register to hide this ad
The 3300 is a nice preamp.
Thanks! I really don’t know much about them. I have the service manual and will start work soon. I was thinking about purchasing one of those pre-packaged kits for cap replacement. We don’t have any repair shops on island that I know of so, I do my own work. Hopefully it will all go well. I feel confident in my skills and experience.
 
Thanks! I really don’t know much about them. I have the service manual and will start work soon. I was thinking about purchasing one of those pre-packaged kits for cap replacement. We don’t have any repair shops on island that I know of so, I do my own work. Hopefully it will all go well. I feel confident in my skills and experience.
The model 3300 is a much more open layout compared to the model 33 I had.
It took a lot of disassembly to get at everything. Dawson Hadley knew how to design preamps though. I read an old article where a blind test was done between the 7T and model 33. Most couldn't tell the difference in how they sounded.
From what I've read, the 3300 is very similar sounding to the 33. I acually like the 3300 over the 33. The 3300 has less sliders for one thing.
 
The model 3300 is a much more open layout compared to the model 33 I had.
It took a lot of disassembly to get at everything. Dawson Hadley knew how to design preamps though. I read an old article where a blind test was done between the 7T and model 33. Most couldn't tell the difference in how they sounded.
From what I've read, the 3300 is very similar sounding to the 33. I acually like the 3300 over the 33. The 3300 has less sliders for one thing.
Mahalo for the feedback. I’ve owned gear since the early 1970’s. I was just a young 18 year old kid that had champagne taste and a beer pocket book. I’ll be 68 this year and I’m finally putting together a system that I think is my dream system that I couldn’t afford back in the day! You’re never to old to have your dreams come true!
 
Back
Top Bottom