• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

My MDA 1000 JUST ARRIVED : I'm HAPPY !

Hi Jerome,

Congrats on the MDA 1000!!! :D I, like you, prefer the sound of the MDA1000 through a preamp.

Stereopal, so we are at least 2 persons in this case !!
I was pretty amazed of the sound difference.
Maybe the 220 is to some of us, a really really good preamp !

Jérôme
 
Hi Jerome,

I have the 275 as well as the MC2KW.. Trust me on this, in some areas I like the MC275 even better than the MC2KW! You are not lacking anything except may be some muscle, but the 501 does not have the tube magic !! Unless of course if you have the ancient 1st generation MC275 with dried out caps then that would be a different story.

I too bought mine from Mike :yes: Top notch service as always.

Rick

Hi Rick,

This statement comparing the 275 and the MC2KW is the most amazing thing I read on this forum !

This would be the best statement to explain why we are so numerous on this forum and why we so much love this brand : if an entry level amp could sound as good or better in some areas than the top of the line amp, that's a proof of how well engineered these products are !

BTW, my 275 is a IV.

Jérôme
 
The MDA1000 is one magical box, everything it touches turns to pure bliss.

Clearly, one of my most cherished pieces. :yes:

Congrad's & enjoy, "You now have the Best"


Hi Ivan,

I read all your comments on the MDA 1000 and that's the reason I decided to buy it ! You should ask royalties to McIntosh, you're a vry good VRP indeed !!:yes:
When we know the stuff you own, your comments are taken as absolute truth, at least by me, but I know by many many of us.
Your contributions are worthy.
Thanks Ivan
 
I agree. I've been listening to my 275 driven by the MDA for the past week and just switched back to the 501s. It was as if the invisible blankets were removed off the speakers. :music: Funny thing is my previous speakers did not reveal the difference as readily. Either the 275 is having a harder time driving my new speakers or they are just that much more sensitive to quality of amplification. There is so much more resolution with the 501s that the slightly more warmer and laid back presentation of the 275 is easily forgotten. I've considered switching to MC2301s and now I am just not so sure I want to anymore. :scratch2: The 501s are again simply gorgeous sounding. :music:

Yes, I heard 501's on a pair of Quad once, and I was amazed how good they sound.
I'm on the waiting list at Audioclassics for a pair of them.
 
I too could sense the enthusiasm in Jerome's post..and I'm happy for him too! That's a piece of gear to dream about...I'm feeling the anticipation too as tomorrow my trio of MC501's is scheduled to arrive. They are long awaited and they've been on back burner since last year. Long story...but tomorrow is the day! Two 501's will replace my beloved MC300 of 13 years, and one will replace my MC252 which has been bridged as a sub amp. A big day, yes! :yes:

Pete

Hi Pete,

What a big step forward !! ENJOY !!!

I'm also waiting for 2 501's from Mike....
 
The great enjoyment all of us receive from our systems is reflected in Jerome's enthusiasm for his new piece of gear. Congratulations on the MDA1000, Jerome. I can honestly feel a little of your thrill, and I'm happy for you. Every audiophile I know shares the same anticipation of arrival, and joy of incorporating new equipment into our systems. We are a bunch of audio renegades, loosely bonded by a thread that travels around the world. Fun stuff.

Dan

Amen! It appears we have all chosen to take the journey, and select various paths along the journey, rather than become complacent with what we have at the time.

Enjoy your new tunes, Jerome.
 
Back
Top Bottom