• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My new C-V S-2's with pics

alteklipsch

Active Member
Here are my new Cerwin-Vega S-2's, I am guessing they must be rare as there is little info available for them online. I heard them at the guys house and they sounded pretty good. The large port in the back is for the midrange, the woofer vents via atapered slot on the bottom. The magnets on all drivers look bigger than I have seen on other C-V speakers. The cabinets are 1" thick and real walnut veneer. I am still looking for a brochure scan or info if anyone has any.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0855.jpg
    DSCN0855.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN0856.jpg
    DSCN0856.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 34
Register to hide this ad
Those are pretty cool. CV made some high quality gear for sure. Some people don't care for their sound but every one is different. I have a pair of hed 123's and love them. How do those sound do you notice the rear tweeter?
 
S-2's

You notice the rear tweeter quite if it is turned up, otherwise it just makes them sound more 3D. I wonder why C-V did not sell these in the states.

I have some HED 123's, very nice little speakers, very good bass in a small package.
 
They didn't offer those here? It looks like you got lucky the woofer foam is in one piece still. How old do you figure those are? The tweeter and cabs are similar to the HED line are they roughly the same age?
 
C-V S-2's

I would guess mid to late eighties vintage. They must have been in a basement for the surrounds to still be in decent shape. I think they are of the same vintage as the HED series based on the similarity of the drivers.
 
Back
Top Bottom