gladiator335
MRTI
For a long time I had my office system (HP desktop and Paradigm Mini Monitors) powered by Denon mini receiver (model U-80). It was very convenient (size was perfect for a desk) and it sounded pretty good. However it didn't have enough power - I was always afraid of clipping though I never listen at high levels.
Now I got this: Carver HTR-895 5 channel receiver. Actually it's story behind it.
I bought it a long time ago, but couldn't find a proper use for it. So I sold it on eBAy. To my surprise buyer filed a complaint claiming that receiver didn't work. I honestly tested it once more right before shipping. But whatever...we all know what delivery guys are capable of. No problem-return it to me and I refund the money. So buyer did...but when I opened it I saw that left corner of a thick aluminum front panel was bent. To make the story short-buyer got the money from UPS insurance ...and left me a negative feedback :thumbsdn:
Whatever....I couldn't do anything about it. So I put it aside....and couple days ago suddenly decided to check it again. And it worked! Apparently "educated" buyer haven't noticed Input Level control on a front panel. :sigh:
So as a result I got working Carver receiver with bent panel.
Good enough for the office I decided. And it sounds great in stereo paired with Paradigms! The only negative (besides damage) is that it's huge and takes a lot of real estate!
But for now it will do as a power behind my office system.
Now I got this: Carver HTR-895 5 channel receiver. Actually it's story behind it.
I bought it a long time ago, but couldn't find a proper use for it. So I sold it on eBAy. To my surprise buyer filed a complaint claiming that receiver didn't work. I honestly tested it once more right before shipping. But whatever...we all know what delivery guys are capable of. No problem-return it to me and I refund the money. So buyer did...but when I opened it I saw that left corner of a thick aluminum front panel was bent. To make the story short-buyer got the money from UPS insurance ...and left me a negative feedback :thumbsdn:
Whatever....I couldn't do anything about it. So I put it aside....and couple days ago suddenly decided to check it again. And it worked! Apparently "educated" buyer haven't noticed Input Level control on a front panel. :sigh:
So as a result I got working Carver receiver with bent panel.
Good enough for the office I decided. And it sounds great in stereo paired with Paradigms! The only negative (besides damage) is that it's huge and takes a lot of real estate!
But for now it will do as a power behind my office system.
