• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

my new old Marantz 2325

heathkit tv

Brillyint jeanyus
Am so psyched, a buddy gave me a Marantz 2325 receiver with the optional wood cabinet and although it's in working order, am considering having it "tuned up"

Can anyone suggest a shop or individual in the San Fran Bay Area who knows these units and is more of an old world guy than a McDonalds flavor repair shop? Thanks.

Anthony
 
Register to hide this ad
Originally posted by heathkit tv
Am so psyched, a buddy gave me a Marantz 2325 receiver with the optional wood cabinet and although it's in working order, am considering having it "tuned up"

Can anyone suggest a shop or individual in the San Fran Bay Area who knows these units and is more of an old world guy than a McDonalds flavor repair shop? Thanks.

Anthony

The only place I have come across is a place in Berkley called the sound well. They repair and sell vintage hi-fi. Not sure of their rates but they do have a web site and sometimes put listings on E-bay. They are up University Ave. I check their stuff out about every six months or so and they seem to do a large amount of repair work so they must have a good reputation....

http://www.thesoundwell.com/

By the way I found a 2325 about a year ago or so and sold it to a fellow worker, very cool and popular Marantz model. Mine didn't have the wood case and they do look so much cooler in wood!

Lefty
 
Although I have bought a few things and have been somewhat satisfied at The Soundwell over the years they are 0 for 3 in repairing what I brought in for repairs, and still charged for what they did. Too bad as they are so close, but never again. :mad:

Carl
 
I've just bought a Marantz 2325 in mint condition, with metal case, just 2 bulb lamps are out... the rest is "as new" in it's original box (double box :thmbsp: )

I'm also owner of a 2225L but the difference is there!

just sound wonderful :yes:

I didn't yet get time to do pics, I'm very busy for the time
 
finally I've taken some pics :yes:
 

Attachments

  • 5c_3.jpg
    5c_3.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 52_3.jpg
    52_3.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 32
  • b1_3.jpg
    b1_3.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom